Date: 13 February, 2018 20:14

Well Jk now youve lost me - Im now in the how does he spout this stuff camp

I realise he cant slag everyone off or say Im terrible Ive got to go

But the moments in this where he tries to reach for the positive are ludicrous

[m.soundcloud.com]

Re: JK post Wasps
Posted by: FBQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:08

BQ I've listened to this on Fbook page and had a read some of the comments. One person asks those who want Kingston out "What is the plan if he goes?" I don't expect Saints had a plan when they sacked Mallender, but they have been proactive and things will change next season. AS for Quins? I really don't know what the answer is. It was certainly not extending contracts of the coaches. It really miffs me off and I'm seriously considering my season tkt for next year. It becoming so much hassle trying to get there by car from Kent only to see a lacklustre performance week in week out!
I was thinking today what was happening at Surrey Sports Park. JK in his office revealing plan Q, more of the same!. I have said this before and will say it again, I believe he does not have the full support of some of the players in that squad! This has ben mentioned by our no 15 before Christmas and now Joe. Perhaps there's more to the sacking of Yarde we don't know about!

Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 08:05

He's utterly deluded. 5 minute seitch-off? Could have happened to anyone...

Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 09:02

It's utterly mad. He's disappointed but, it was a five minute switch off, they are narrow margins between winning and losing and yet again he blames injuries. One or two of our players were struggling. Well how were wasps doing having to cover for a missing bloke. The supposed 5 minute switch off ignores the fact we were two tries down in no time, once again.

But apparently we trained really well during the week. As we always do. So the coaches did their job then. Perhaps part of training should involve a brief explanation that the game starts at 0-0 when the ref blows his whistle, not 10 mins in and two scores down

Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 09:07

Its especially odd as Easter says it was embarrassing and the whole plan went missing and the players were rubbish (basically)

Posted by: Cookie (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 09:09

But, hey, training went well all week. Really well. Again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 09:09 by Cookie.

Date: 14 February, 2018 09:14

Quote:
Cookie
But, hey, training went well all week. Really well. Again.

Yeah - this.

Most post match interviews are the kind of thing you have to say in interviews - but when youve taken a humiliating hammering like that - why bother.

Id have been more impressed if hed simply said the stuff about the crowd leaving - said theres lots of work to do and then ended the interview - which would have been a strong message that he was angry etc etc

Im not a previous JK basher as Im sure most people know - but this is just terrible.

It sends the message that it was all a bit of a shame and theyd nearly have done it if it wasnt for 5 minutes.

Im sure there are plenty of characters in that dressing room who would respond well to hearing him be angry publicly.

Its occasionally said that Quins have professional comms people - well no one any good would let that wishy washy nonsense be the public message to supporters.

Date: 14 February, 2018 12:38

Agree that I'd be a lot hapier and have more respect for him if he'd stopped at saying he was hugely disappointed and that the people walking out sent a strong message.

To then offer up excuses, ifs and buts, narrow margins, etc, just dilutes the whole thing and suggests that it wasn't as bad as it was.

He also says that he has been happy with virtually every performance this season, even the ones we've lost. I accept that our losses have varied from thrashings to one point losses, but in a season of such inconsistency and generally disappointing results, I do not really understand why he is generally so content.

This whole "we trained well" is as pointless as "we'll take the hurt into next week". As we saw from beaten Wasps and getting a respectable loss away at La Rochelle, when the pressure is off, they can play well, so maybe everything does go to plan in training.

Posted by: talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 12:40

Maybe we should all stop going to the Stoop for home games.

Not as a mark of mass protest against JK, but because it might convince the players they are still at training rather than at a match.

Considering how fantastically amazing we are in training every week, this would surely lead to us storming up the table.

Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 12:41

Here's a theory - perhaps our training methods are rubbish?

Date: 14 February, 2018 14:25

Quote:
RodneyRegis
Here's a theory - perhaps our training methods are rubbish?

Maybe theyre using the offy for their calendar and are just preparing for the wrong match

Posted by: Safri-quin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 14:57

The thing that winds me up is more the player interviews when they say " we obviously aren't happy with that performance, but we will regroup & learn from it and change before next game" and they sodding come out and make the same stupid mistakes ALL OVER AGAIN!!

I'm not apologising for coaches, as they need to find a way to drum it in, but the comments like JK made above about training going well, and some other remarks that both both some of the coaching team, and other players have made about how the prep is good, tactics and strategies are all agreed, but it does seem that in the heat of battle, it goes out the window, must be quite frustrating for all involved...

Not sure, short of non selection (and we don't have squad size available to do this) how you nail the point home if people constantly don't follow instructions...

Posted by: talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 15:15

Quote:
Safri-quin
The thing that winds me up is more the player interviews when they say " we obviously aren't happy with that performance, but we will regroup & learn from it and change before next game" and they sodding come out and make the same stupid mistakes ALL OVER AGAIN!!
I'm not apologising for coaches, as they need to find a way to drum it in, but the comments like JK made above about training going well, and some other remarks that both both some of the coaching team, and other players have made about how the prep is good, tactics and strategies are all agreed, but it does seem that in the heat of battle, it goes out the window, must be quite frustrating for all involved...

Not sure, short of non selection (and we don't have squad size available to do this) how you nail the point home if people constantly don't follow instructions...

Unfortunately it's a situation where if the coaches cannot get their point across then it's the coaches that have to go.

It might be the case that the players aren't listening, are not following instructions etc etc, but ultimately we can't get rid of the whole squad (no matter how much some of us may want to do that).

It could well be that JK and co are doing everything right, that they've got a great training regime and brilliant match strategies that would get us the win if only those pesky players did what they are damn told.

Personally I don't think that's particularly likely, but even if it is the case then you either need to get an entire new squad of players who are prepared to listen, or you need to get in a coach who can make them listen.

Sadly, whether fair or not, in that case it will always be the coach who goes.

Posted by: Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 17:01

Theres not enough leadership on the field. Ward isnt the right man for it. Senior players are not grabbing the games by the neck. When something goes wrong its like they had a factory reboot and forgotten all the customisation settings...

Date: 14 February, 2018 19:53

Another interview - and I want it to be good but it starts well and veers off into cloud cuckoo land again

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: FBQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 20:26

I've just seen this on F/Book too. Same old stuff. He's hurting, but not leaving!
He repeated that the boys had trained well and we got undone by 2 quick tries. no mention of having a numerical advantage for 3/4 of the game!
What will be said if lose at Tigers? "The lads trained well"
How do you define trained well? I wonder if there is a time when the "lads don't train well"

Posted by: Cookie (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 20:33

Also watched it and at first thought fair play. Then it just repeated everything he said from the weekend and I cant understand the point of it at all. Nothing new. Nothing different. Just were hurting. Quite frankly, if they werent Id be even more narked off.

Posted by: Dibden (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 20:52

JKs motivation is to keep his job.Thats why hes been so long at Quins it suits him and his family.Therefore you put a positive spin on everything pretending its all ok and nothing seriously wrong.Ditto DE.It is this simple -no one at the top is prepared to admit there is a real problem and that they are the cause of the problem.I have no hope whatsoever of anything changing because its not in the interest of the DOR CEO or shareholders.
Hence I gave up my debenture and then my ST.The Stoop is just too depressing for me

Posted by: Bellyfull (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 21:02

I think its got to the stage where defeats to Newcastle and Irish might be in the long term interest of the club

Date: 15 February, 2018 09:57

Quote:
FBQuin
I've just seen this on F/Book too. Same old stuff. He's hurting, but not leaving!
He repeated that the boys had trained well and we got undone by 2 quick tries. no mention of having a numerical advantage for 3/4 of the game!
What will be said if lose at Tigers? "The lads trained well"
How do you define trained well? I wonder if there is a time when the "lads don't train well"

His 2 quick tries / 5 minute lapse thing is infuriating. They scored 6 tries I think, two before the red card

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net