Okafor to Leeds
Posted by: Scaramouche (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 11:29

Don't know if this has been mentioned before?

[www.rugbypass.com]

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Re: Okafor to Leeds
Posted by: Samquin (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 11:35

Club seems to be a bit light on locks with 3 leaving this summer.

Posted by: raedarius (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 12:01

Aren't Dombrandt and Glynn replacements for Okafor and Twomey?

Posted by: ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 12:35

The article mentions these two Second Rows as new full time Academy members , I hadn't spotted the announcement before

[www.quins.co.uk]

George Hammond
School: Whitgift School
Position: Second Row
DOB: 31/07/00
Height: 1.98 M
Weight: 110 Kg

Hammond is an exciting forward prospect, who has also shone in the England age groups, both at U16 and U17 levels.

Hugh Tizard
School: Cranleigh School
Position: Second Row
DOB: 31/03/00
Height: 1.96 M
Weight: 113 Kg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2018 12:54 by ChipsteadQuin.

Posted by: Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 13:24

Good to see we're sticking with public school types in line with the club's ethos.

BB

Posted by: quin_jon (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 14:02

It's the DOBs in the year 2000 that I find most depressing. (Sm103)

Posted by: Arlequin (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 17:24

Regarding Public School Types

Pro clubs and good fee paying rugby schools are in cahoots and will facilitate noves for state school kids who have potential to get a scholarship. The pro club know they will be well trained and keep and eye on them, the player gets an education his parents couldn't afford so harder to generalise these days. Its becoming very like Amercian coillege system

Posted by: plzd (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 17:25

Great to see we have more good prospects rather than grizzly forwards

No offence at all meant to CQ but Sarries did not win cups with prospects

Posted by: Kent Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 08:34

Yet again we are in transition and these are guys have potential.....Charlie and Twomey once had potential but obviously didnít develop. Will these guys who knows?

Posted by: ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 09:38

Quote:
plzd
Great to see we have more good prospects rather than grizzly forwards
No offence at all meant to CQ but Sarries did not win cups with prospects

No offence taken plzd , the comment wasn't mine it was lifted from Quins Website

The Utube below shows George Hammond interview ..not sure he quite qualifies as ' grizzly ' yet .. wish them all the best though with their first Pro rugby Contract , no doubt they are keen as mustard to get on the park !

[www.youtube.com]

and they both scored tries in the U18 final

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 09:47

I think Okafor should have been retained, he is a massive talent and he only came into rugby much later in life than most of these kids because he was a basketball player. I think he is a massive talent and a lot of youth rugby gurus that I have spoken to have said that was not a great idea for Quins to release. Let us hope he is not another Launchbury

Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 10:06

I've no idea what we were thinking to be honest.

Posted by: Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 13:39

Quote:
Kent Fan
Yet again we are in transition and these are guys have potential.....Charlie and Twomey once had potential but obviously didnít develop. Will these guys who knows?

I think an awful lot of players have potential but very few fulfil it. Sometimes it's bad luck - injuries, untimely dips in form, being behind the wrong player - other times I think they genuinely don't realise the step up from being a big youth talent to being unknown in the senior ranks, and just how much hard work is involved. Some players peak early, and what looks like potential is actually them playing as well as they ever will; others develop late, or very slowly. And of course the right coaching is vital.

Date: 16 May, 2018 13:40

Quote:
Arlequin
Regarding Public School Types
Pro clubs and good fee paying rugby schools are in cahoots and will facilitate noves for state school kids who have potential to get a scholarship. The pro club know they will be well trained and keep and eye on them, the player gets an education his parents couldn't afford so harder to generalise these days. Its becoming very like Amercian coillege system

Yeah...I wasn't being entirely serious. smiling smiley

BB

Posted by: JimJam350 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 18:46

Quote:
Brown Bottle
Good to see we're sticking with public school types in line with the club's ethos.

Probably best to sign the best prospects irrespective of where they were educated.

Date: 17 May, 2018 14:16

Quote:
JimJam350
Quote:
Brown Bottle

Probably best to sign the best prospects irrespective of where they were educated.

Oh dear...

BB

Posted by: MickyThe Lunch (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2018 09:43

Anyway, what is an Oka for?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net