Gustard - perfect for Quins
Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 06:43

Yeah this sounds like heís a perfect fit for how we play.......

For Englandís defence coach, Paul Gustard Ė on his last tour of duty before taking charge at Harlequins Ė these are particularly tricky days. His side conceded five tries at the weekend and a further nine against the Barbarians last month and the former Leicester and London Irish flanker acknowledges there is plenty of room for improvement.

ďWe didnít defend well,Ē Gustard said. ďWe were tight and our spacing was poor. We just didnít deliver what we know weíre capable of. We made some poor decisions, we didnít work hard enough and we lost composure. Thereís a knock-on effect of things going against you which you canít quantify sometimes: the mental drain, the energy drain that comes with losing momentum. We need to correct that.

Re: Gustard - perfect for Quins
Posted by: CPB62 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 08:47

Its not correcting it that's important, its knowing why it occurred in the 1st place as that stinks of being ill prepared. Very worrying for us Quins fans, almost like the flannel we were getting from JK.

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 09:58

I'm not sure England's defence is good on the cv.

Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 10:00

Here we go.

Starting to agree with QK that some people want to see a guy fail before he's even got started

Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 10:02

Quote:
T-Bone
Here we go.
Starting to agree with QK that some people want to see a guy fail before he's even got started

No - I think itís funny that he sounds exactly like JK after we shipped the most tries in the Prem. Thatís why I posted it. Calm down.

Posted by: DOK (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 10:31

Well everyone has to play the "keep the reporters satisfied while not admitting to anything" game these days.

I thought it a nice honest assessment. And yes, if he can spot when that happens, he's going to fit right in here

Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 10:40

Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
T-Bone
Here we go.

No - I think itís funny that he sounds exactly like JK after we shipped the most tries in the Prem. Thatís why I posted it. Calm down.

Ha, fair point. Getting my high horse somewhat! smileys with beer

Posted by: CPB62 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 11:25

I don't think anyone of us wants to see him fail, but there are genuine concerns that need to be put to bed early next season.

Posted by: Cookie (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 11:44

I tend not to put too much stock on games like the BaaBaas one. Thereís a lot to be said for putting a team of stars together, letting them go out on the smash and then give it a crack on a Saturday (or Wednesday) e.g. the 97 Lions.

This is far more relevant when it comes to Englandís performance in SA. Seems daft that the coaching staff chose to play it down. An excellent piece of analysis.

[www.crashballrugby.com]

Posted by: Bucksquin (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 12:39

Quote:
Cookie
I tend not to put too much stock on games like the BaaBaas one. Thereís a lot to be said for putting a team of stars together, letting them go out on the smash and then give it a crack on a Saturday (or Wednesday) e.g. the 97 Lions.
This is far more relevant when it comes to Englandís performance in SA. Seems daft that the coaching staff chose to play it down. An excellent piece of analysis.

[www.crashballrugby.com]

Remarkably good analysis ó wish we had the option of that for one or two of last season's Quins matches ...

Posted by: Dibden (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 21:21

Iím not sure we picked the best man.I would have gone for Shaun Edwards .However we must give Paul several months before passing judgement.Absolutely certain he will Be much better than JK who was poor man out of his depth

Posted by: jonf (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 05:40

That write up is brilliant.We need him for the Quins games!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net