Current Page: 1 of 3
Piers Francis
Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 13:06

It's official!
the Offy

I'm pretty sure this was a RugbyInsideLine rumour. I hope that there will be a few apologies going round

Re: Piers Francis
Posted by: SaintNice (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 13:11

Looks like a decent signing to me but time will tell. Let's hope it pans out for him better than it did for JJ.

Posted by: charlieemeriau (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 13:15

a player to replace Ethan Waller and Paul hill if he goes, plus a number 10 and we are done?
quite excited to see how the new boys will fit in for next season, I guess Horne, Francis and Reinach have been brought in to start and Eadie pushing the backrowers...

Posted by: higgy365 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 13:18

I think you're right about RiL, Stokey, but doubt there'll be any apologies. Maybe less haste to rubbish their every word next time?

Meanwhile back on topic, Francis sounds a decent signing and I'm happier with this than say the silly money being touted for Madigan.

Look forward to seeing how he goes

Posted by: Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 13:19

Recommended by Saintsman Tom in November if I recall correctly.
RIP Saintsman Tom's account, I imagine he's reading this in purgatory somewhere.

Sent from the toilet

Date: 20 March, 2017 13:25

so this looks like the fly half search is over.

So who's next? A massive LH and a lock? Perhaps Francis could possibly convince a couple of people to come over with him?

Posted by: Chris Wearmouth (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 13:30

Quote:
charlieemeriau
a player to replace Ethan Waller and Paul hill if he goes, plus a number 10 and we are done?
quite excited to see how the new boys will fit in for next season, I guess Horne, Francis and Reinach have been brought in to start and Eadie pushing the backrowers...

a) Paul Hill signed a new contract last summer so isn't going anywhere
b) Jamal Ford-Robinson is coming in as a prop
c) Piers Francis plays 10. So does Stephen Myler. And Harry Mallinder won an U20 World Championship title playing 10.

Posted by: Neil-H (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 13:30

Quote:
charlieemeriau

If I recall Chris from Saints, made a point of posting that Hill had resigned his contract end last season and wasnt going anywhere

Posted by: Neil-H (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 13:31

LOL thanks Chris!!!

Date: 20 March, 2017 13:33

on the subject of a new lock, how far are Ribbans or Onojaife away from starting?

Posted by: Walks11 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 13:41

Quote:
Robby Richmond
RIP Saintsman Tom's account, I imagine he's reading this in purgatory somewhere.

Have Saintsman Tom and RIL ever been seen in the same room? could one be the other.. Will RIL reveal he is actually Saintsman Tom and claim the breaking news

Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 13:46

They aren't the same person

Posted by: Deesaint (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 13:46

Quote:
Robby Richmond

Is anybody there
Can you hear us Tom
Are you there
Give us a sign

Posted by: RugbyInsideLine (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 13:50

Get your tin hats on!

It was indeed one of our rumours Twitter Rumourand one that we said was a done deal, so 3/3 on that count.

May have something new in the next few days...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2017 13:51 by RugbyInsideLine.

Posted by: charlieemeriau (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 13:50

Quote:
Chris Wearmouth
Quote:
charlieemeriau

a) Paul Hill signed a new contract last summer so isn't going anywhere
b) Jamal Ford-Robinson is coming in as a prop
c) Piers Francis plays 10. So does Stephen Myler. And Harry Mallinder won an U20 World Championship title playing 10.

Glad if we keep Paul Hill, I had read somewhere on here that he wanted out.... and take your point on 10 if Piers Francis can play at 10, and mallinder then may be that is enough coverage.

on Ford-Robinson the few times have seen him play I thought he looked good, but he has started only 2 of the 11 games he has played in the premiership this season for the bottom team. IMO we are light in the front row would like to see a proven premiership player or international challenging Alex W.

Posted by: Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 13:58

Quote:
RugbyInsideLine
Get your tin hats on!
It was indeed one of our rumours Twitter Rumourand one that we said was a done deal, so 3/3 on that count.

May have something new in the next few days...

Saintsman Tom still talking to you then is he?

Sent from the toilet

Date: 20 March, 2017 13:59

so the backline next season is looking like:

15. Foden/ Tuala
14. Foden/ Horne/ Pisi
13. Horne/ Burrell/ Tuitavake/ Stephenson
12. Mallinder, Francis/ Hutchinson
11. North/ Collins/ Elliot
10. Myler/ Francis
9. Reinach/ Groom

although signed as a centre apparently, I have a feeling that we may see Horne on the wing more than centre. If you look at the recent Waratahs games, he's pretty nailed on as a wing. So is that Horne at 14 and North at 11? Or is this the beginning of the end of North? I hope not.

I guess this all depends upon how Stephenson comes on, if Luther can get back to his International levels, or who else is available.

Posted by: Saintalex (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 14:08

Fantastic signing, he isn't a 10 IMHO, a fantastic 12 though, him and Horne in midfield that's looks a very good partnership to me, although your right Horne may play on the wing, we have a very exciting back line starting to look now. I can't see Burrell getting on it to be honest. Will be 3rd choice 12 and 2nd choice 13

Posted by: TringSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 14:09

im pretty sure tom is still quite active!

Posted by: St tub (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 14:19

Is GP leaving then ?

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net