France Wales - How Mr Barnes got it right...
Posted by: Phil. (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 23:45

...mostly...

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

Re: France Wales - How Mr Barnes got it right...
Posted by: Eif Jones (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 01:39

A bit sparing with the facts over the doctor incident. If the 4th official has any worthwhile duty as it seems as if a member of the French management team was allowed to leave his technical area to speak to the doctor after which the doctor interferes with the game.

Posted by: Aylesbury Saint (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 06:59

What about Barnes failure to give a card and penalty try to France early in the game? If he had done it properly earlier then it would have been unlikely the game had finished like that. Especially as he seemed to then favour the Welsh by carding one of the French for the same thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2017 09:05 by Aylesbury Saint.

Posted by: Saintalex (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 07:03

At least he is consistent...[:wor kid:]

Date: 21 March, 2017 07:21

Quite clearly North was bitten, and pretty certain he didn't do it himself. At the time I presumed the French were suggesting that, but the article is saying Barnes brought that up. Has anyone seen any angles of the bite to see what happened?

Posted by: Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 07:46

They showed the incident at the time. There was no clear evidence except he couldn't have done it himself. \it seemed he had wrapped up the French player and probably had his upper arm around the French players mouth area. He could have been suffocating the player and thus he tried to get release?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

[url=https:[www.justgiving.com], Please sponsor me here[/url]

Posted by: twsaint (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 09:03

The French broadcaster only showed one angle. Usual story, I'm afraid.
It was all about Barnes; it always is.
Let's hope we haven't got him on Saturday.

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 10:51

Quote:
twsaint
The French broadcaster only showed one angle. Usual story, I'm afraid.
It was all about Barnes; it always is.
Let's hope we haven't got him on Saturday.

Who would be, or could be surprised if he is in charge?

Posted by: Howlin (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 11:37

Bath v Saints ....penalty try at first opportunity. France v Wales....penalty try ?? All that added time....I thought he was very poor.

Saint 'til I die

Posted by: TringSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 12:04

i was thinking about this after the game and (with hindsight this is easy) all wales had to do was to hold up the ball carrier, surround him and reverse over the line and hold the ball up.

Easier said than done, i appreciate, but there would have been little that france could have done and it would have been a held up try which would have ended the game.

Still, the last 20 mins was a complete farce and i suspect that the french will be in a spot of bother for the 'head injury' and the bite.

As for all of the other indiscretions, i missed 78 mins of the game so cant comment, other than to say that the end table position for wales should act as a reminder of what happens when you dont play to your ability and as a team. Been pretty woeful for the last 2 years and the odd game aside, look nothing like the team of old - maybe a change to some of the old guard is needed to freshen things up?

Date: 21 March, 2017 12:11

Tring from what I have read on the BBC earlier the bite is not being pursued - although there was a very obvious mark so surprised about that. The head injury one is very interesting as if proven it must surely be on the same level as the bloodgate incident, so will we see similar sanctions dished out?

Posted by: twsaint (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 13:51

Greg Garner is the ref on Saturday.

Posted by: TringSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 14:52

Quote:
Aylesbury Saint
Tring from what I have read on the BBC earlier the bite is not being pursued - although there was a very obvious mark so surprised about that. The head injury one is very interesting as if proven it must surely be on the same level as the bloodgate incident, so will we see similar sanctions dished out?

Yes, i noticed that i timed my post to exactly coincide with the report on the beeb!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net