Current Page: 1 of 2
Lions
Posted by: andysaint (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 18:01

Teo and Sinkler in.
Launchbury out.
Lawes in.
Hartley 50-50
Joseph out together with Robshaw Haskell and Ford.

14 England players to be England so: Marler, Vunipola, George, Lawes, Kruis, Vunipola, Youngs, Farrell, Teo, Sinkler, Nowell, Daly, Cole, Itoje?

BBC Sport

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2017 18:08 by andysaint.

Re: Lions
Posted by: Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 19:48

Joe L is getting married.

Sent from the toilet

Posted by: SaintED (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 19:55

Is that you suggesting that's why he might not be picked Robby?

Posted by: SaintMaul (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2017 20:17

The apparent leaks to the press remind me of the Lancaster era.

It's wrong the media should find out before players - if true. The way different papers are reporting it confidently suggests they have a source.

Quite easily coincidence. But Andy Farrell is the common denominator.

Date: 17 April, 2017 20:44

Quote:
SaintMaul
The apparent leaks to the press remind me of the Lancaster era.
It's wrong the media should find out before players - if true. The way different papers are reporting it confidently suggests they have a source.

Quite easily coincidence. But Andy Farrell is the common denominator.

Wiggy Roundtree was well known as the mole in the England camp

Quote:
SaintED
Is that you suggesting that's why he might not be picked Robby?

Merely pointing out a statement of fact.

Sent from the toilet

Posted by: Eif Jones (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 00:34

The Aviva rugby commentators over the weekend were so obviously cheer leaders for the English hopefuls. At the BT game on Sunday, Hartley and Lawes were given the full treatment, Lawes deserved it but ?Hartley, how they could propose that both Sunday's hookers should be selected.

Date: 18 April, 2017 00:37

Quote:
Eif Jones
The Aviva rugby commentators over the weekend were so obviously cheer leaders for the English hopefuls. At the BT game on Sunday, Hartley and Lawes were given the full treatment, Lawes deserved it but ?Hartley, how they could propose that both Sunday's hookers should be selected.

Erm, cos Best & Owens throwing under pressure is poor & the Scots hookers are under sized.

Sent from the toilet

Posted by: HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 07:10

Set piece Dylan is rock solid. Plus fired up in his homeland.

Posted by: Saintalex (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 09:54

I think he has to go

Posted by: LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 10:57

I say this as a huge fan of his but is the 'fired up in his homeland' a plus or a worry? For me there is a slight concern that the Kiwis will get under his skin, particularly if he ends up playing a central role in the midweek team where all the non-test kiwis will have a point to prove.

Posted by: St tub (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 11:25

If you start with the test side

2 Irish props - plus (likely) Owens
AWJ plus Itoje
Warburton, O'Brien, Billy V

Irish half backs
Farrell & Davies

North, Hogg plus one shirt up for grabs

The rest at that point kind of makes sense

Posted by: HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 11:51

Why does Davies deserve a starters jersey?

Posted by: Neil-H (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 12:44

You could also say the same about O'Brien? he had a poor 6 Nations by his standards

My back 3 would be North, Hogg, Williams

My Back row would be Warburton, Billy V, Turpric

Both Irish Props

Itoje as lock

Then rest are up for grabs imho... you could argue Irish Half Backs, but depends on how we want to play... as if we didnt already know!!!

Posted by: saintsfella (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 12:47

Are you welsh by any chance Neil?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/04/2017 13:00 by saintsfella.

Date: 18 April, 2017 12:53

How bloody dare you!!!!! *

Nope English... well half Irish, but I am English

So which of the 4 Welsh i mentioned wouldnt you have in your team and who would you replace them with?

Date: 18 April, 2017 12:59

Haha! I think hard to justify Liam Williams (as much as I rate him as a very good all rounder) with a place in the starting team, although I may take him. But would personally start Watson, Nowell and Zebo over him. I would also argue our George hasn't been in good enough form to start but I think he will get the chance and he will probably do very well on the big stage.

I personally don't even think I'd take Tipuric. A good all round game and very athletic but not enough grunt for me. I would even rather see Robshaw (no chance) there than him, but more realistically it should probably be O'Brien, or perhaps Warburton with CJ Stander or Taulupe at 6. I think Warburton a great shout for the 6 shirt if not, however.

Date: 18 April, 2017 13:15

English by any chance Fella? winking smiley

to beat the All Blacks, you will need some mavericks, game changers... IMHO Hogg and Williams are 2 guys that can make something happen, you have to have them, of the 3 you suggest, maybe Watson, purely for his pace, but he isnt in the maverick level as the other 2, ball in broken play, Williams n Hogg any day for me

George, if plays well, causes any team grief.

Tipuric, I just rate him, his work rate, at break down and interlink play, his ball handling, we need our back row all over the field, covering ground in attack and defense, and with Billy V n warburton at 6, gives balance, but maybe not a 3rd line out option, but then you have Hartley for his set piece

CJ Stander was great going forward, n ok he beaten All Blacks recently, so in with a chance? O'Brien hasnt been consistant enough recently, mainly due to injuries...

But what I love is there are sooooo many places up for grabs

Posted by: Aylesbury Saint (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2017 13:35

Quote:
Eif Jones

Good about time the English commentators stood up for the English players. Get pig sick of all the Irish and Welsh ex players putting case for their old team mates and our commentators trying to be neutral.

Date: 18 April, 2017 13:36

Haha yes! Although don't think my selections are too bias, worth remembering the nations respective positions in the 6N table. Afraid I have to disagree on Williams, I'd say he had little to no X-Factor but is a very rugged and reliable winger which I rate. But North and Watson for me, or possibly Nowell who I probably overrate.

O'Brien has been quiet in the 6N but I would imagine he would be the starting 7 if you asked the back rowers from the competing countries who they'd least like to face.

Agreed- genuinely could see anyone going tomorrow. Although as per previous years I expect Gatland to over pick welsh players, and possibly Irish as they did England in the 6N.

Date: 18 April, 2017 13:45

For what it's worth, my Lions test team would be:

McGrath
Hartley
Furlong
AWJ
Courtney
Warburton
O'Brien
Vunipola

Murray
Sexton

Watson
Farrell
Joseph
North
Hogg

Best
Mako
Sinckler (over Cole for bench impact)
Launchbury
O'Mahony
Webb
Henshaw
L. Williams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/04/2017 13:46 by saintsfella.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net