Good luck to the players awaiting lions news
Posted by: Baggy42 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 06:58

Good luck to the players who are waiting to see if they are on the plane to NZ.

There is of course going to be controversy over the selection of the squad and I can't imagine that anybody will be 100% happy with the selections - however lets get behind the squad and look forward to a cracking tour that for some starts at lunch time!

Re: Good luck to the players awaiting lions news
Posted by: Walks11 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 07:10

Yes good luck to those in the frame, the leaking of selection is very poor form from one or another of the coaching team IMO.

Posted by: Saint Robert (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 07:10

BBC is reporting that Dylan has missed out on selection - Best, Owens and George are the 3 hookers.

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 07:23

Jamie Roberts? Sorry...what an earth is going on? I know he's a 12 and Joseph is a 13 but if true I feel desperately sorry for him.

Posted by: StGonne (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 07:43

Quote:
smitferbrainz
Jamie Roberts? Sorry...what an earth is going on? I know he's a 12 and Joseph is a 13 but if true I feel desperately sorry for him.

Absolutely true. Feel sorry for Hartley too. Best was really poor in the 6 nations in my opinion, and if Dylan Hartley wasn't Dylan Hartley he would definitely be on that plane

Posted by: HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 08:48

Roberts and Earls are joke selections

Posted by: Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 08:49

Hopefully we can get rid of Gatland so I can be interested in 4 years.

Posted by: SaintED (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 09:37

Quote:
StGonne
Best was really poor in the 6 nations in my opinion

Strange, I thought Best was very good all 6 Nations except for an issue with his throwing (which is a concern) and he totally outplayed Hartley as captain and hooker in the Ireland/England game. History tells us there will be injuries and late call ups and at least Hartley will be in the right Hemisphere (Argentina tour) if he's needed.

Posted by: Mobbs (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 09:48

In my view there should be no England tour this summer; gives those not playing for the Lions an opportunity for some real down time before pre-season training.

Gatland has never been a Hartley enthusiast and will always give Welsh players a greater bias than they sometimes, repeat, 'sometimes' deserve. As others have said there will in all probability be a couple of players at least who will get crocked between today and the plane heading off the tarmac so never say never.

Posted by: Phil. (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:09

Just confirmed - No Dylan... (Sm17)

Posted by: StGonne (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 13:17

Quote:
SaintED
Quote:
StGonne
Best was really poor in the 6 nations in my opinion

Strange, I thought Best was very good all 6 Nations except for an issue with his throwing (which is a concern) and he totally outplayed Hartley as captain and hooker in the Ireland/England game. History tells us there will be injuries and late call ups and at least Hartley will be in the right Hemisphere (Argentina tour) if he's needed.

Having re-read that it was a bit harsh. Best wasn't 'really poor' but average at best. Maybe it's just my Green, black and gold tinted glasses but I would peroanlly take Dylan every time as third choice.

Posted by: Omnium (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 23:45

Welshwash I want my not inconsiderable cost back if this team ( selected for Warrenball) fails ( as it will) to survive the hilarity of the AB's as they turn over our set pieces. George?? Sinckler?? Davis?? This team picked for 'a specific approach to beat the AB's' is on a hiding to nowt. I am thinking of putting 100 on Hartley to play and score. But hey ho Howlin' at least I know some good places to drink.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net