Jared Payne (Ireland)
Jonathan Sexton (Ireland)
Tommy Seymour (Scotland)
Ben Te'o (England)
Anthony Watson (England)
Rhys Webb (Wales)
Liam Williams (Wales)
Ben Youngs (England)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/04/2017 12:18 by Phil..

Re: Lions Squad confirmed...
Posted by: Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:23

Phil, do you think you could edit your post to thank the sponsors first please? *

Sent from the toilet

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:23

In a 40 man squad there are bound to be some surprises but it does generally reflect the current pecking order of the national teams. Congratulations to Courtney - very well deserved - commiserations to Dylan but he can't really be surprised.

Posted by: Nath-coys (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:28

When push came to shove and the nerves and tension were high in the tunnel and they were just about to walk out for the 1st test match, I'd still rather have Hartley in my team than any of the other hookers.

Posted by: Phil. (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:28

Quote:
Robby Richmond
Phil, do you think you could edit your post to thank the sponsors first please? *

Twas a little crass, Robby, wasn't it?

Date: 19 April, 2017 12:58

It's what it's all about now Phil.
Bookies are offering 11/10 for a New Zealand 3-0 victory should tell you all you need to know.
Also 30,000 people going to New Zealand paying on average 7,000 is 210,000,000 in case anyone thinks the rugby is important.

You'll have to forgive my cynicism.

Sent from the toilet

Posted by: Howlin (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 13:11

In the context that Jamie George is going, I think Dylan can count himself unlucky, particularly after their head to head on Sunday.

So pleased for Courtney though (George North was no surprise) And thankfully no Solomona so that media circus has derailed.

fail to see the "outrage" over a lions tour making money. As we are constantly reminded it is a professional sport. There are far more crass marketing ideas and "events" happening far too often. If the lions couldn't attract a lot of cash the concept would have died (as many predicted) when the game went pro. Thankfully it has survived and the interest it attracts from the media and the rugby public is there for all to see. And BTW I'm going (once in a lifetime thing for me) ; so happy as a kid looking forward to Christmas.

Saint 'til I die

Posted by: AlexC (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 13:32

No huge issues in that list, tough not sure I would play Warburton as a first choice but hey. Will be interesting to see how many saints get into the England tour given those going with the Lions.

Posted by: HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 14:25

Have a great time Howlin. I went on an Oz tour and it was an amazing experience even though we lost.

Posted by: SaintED (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 14:34

Have a great time Howlin. I last went in 09 which was a great tour and we did it on a shoe-string budget. As good as the tests should be I think some of the midweek games will be crackers.

Really pleased for Lawes. Thoroughly deserves it. Good on North too although it feels like the old "credit in the bank" has helped him hugely.

Posted by: andysaint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 15:31

Personally, unless there are injuries, I cannot see George making the test team where as I think Dylan could.

Regardless of the side picked, it still has Gatland coaching which is going to be the biggest downfall of the lions this year.

Posted by: St tub (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 16:14

I would not be happy if I was Scottish (Johnny Gray vs Henderson for a start) and the selection hugely flatters the consistently underperforming welsh

Personally sad not to see Solomona (or someone with x factor) chucked in - if nothing else, something the kiwi's haven't dealt with before

Posted by: Peasmarshpete (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 16:29

Enjoy Howling.My only visit was in 1993,my Wellington hotel room was next to Robin and Zinzan Brooke's.I was introduced
To Sean Fitzpatrick who astonishingly invited me to join the All Blacks for breakfast! I did so and was dwarfed by the men in black track suits but they were markedly polite having an Englishman at breakfast on the morning of a test match.We won that day, boisterous celebrations were enjoyed but I was VERY quiet when I went back to my bedroom that night!!

Date: 19 April, 2017 18:51

Quote:
Howlin

fail to see the "outrage" over a lions tour making money. As we are constantly reminded it is a professional sport. There are far more crass marketing ideas and "events" happening far too often. If the lions couldn't attract a lot of cash the concept would have died (as many predicted) when the game went pro. Thankfully it has survived and the interest it attracts from the media and the rugby public is there for all to see. And BTW I'm going (once in a lifetime thing for me) ; so happy as a kid looking forward to Christmas.

A fool and his money are easily separated

Sent from the toilet

Posted by: TringSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 19:10

as a welshman, some of those picked dont deserve to be there. same could be said for t'eo who i cant see what all of the fuss is about.

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 21:36

T'eo inclusion is baffling to me. He's only had the odd start for England and IMO whilst showing good things it's early days and I don't think he is Lions quality yet. I think Hamish Watson would have been selected had he not been injured during the 6N.

Posted by: Eif Jones (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 02:00

Tring, tell me more, who are these anonymous undeserved selections?

Posted by: Box kick it (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 07:35

A part from Bristol, has every premiership team got a player in the Lions Squad?

Posted by: rugbymel (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 09:08

Quote:
Box kick it
A part from Bristol, has every premiership team got a player in the Lions Squad?

Sale? Newcastle?

Posted by: ajack (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 10:45

When you look at the Autumn internationals the six nations and the later stages of the European cup there are some very odd choices in there. Hard to see anything other than a blackwash, hope I am wrong.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net