Current Page: 1 of 2
Dylan Captain of England tour, Harry goes as well!
Posted by: Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:36

[www.bbc.co.uk]

So Mr Francis and Harry in the squad will do them good

Squad
Forwards: Will Collier (Harlequins, uncapped), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 4 caps), Ben Curry (Sale Sharks, uncapped), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, uncapped), Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 3 caps), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 1 cap), Dylan Hartley - captain (Northampton Saints, 84 caps), James Haskell (Wasps, 75 caps), Paul Hill (Northampton Saints, 5 caps), Nathan Hughes (Wasps, 8 caps), Nick Isiekwe (Saracens, uncapped), Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 42 caps), Matt Mullan (Wasps, 15 caps), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins, 55 caps), Sam Underhill (Ospreys/Bath Rugby, uncapped), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs, uncapped), Tom Wood (Northampton Saints, 50 caps)

Backs: Mike Brown - vice-captain (Harlequins, 60 caps), Danny Care - vice captain (Harlequins, 71 caps), Joe Cokanasiga (London Irish, uncapped), Nathan Earle (Saracens, uncapped), George Ford - vice captain (Bath Rugby, 35 caps), Piers Francis (Auckland Blues/Northampton Saints, uncapped), Sam James (Sale Sharks, uncapped), Alex Lozowski (Saracens, uncapped), Harry Mallinder (Northampton Saints, uncapped), Joe Marchant (Harlequins, uncapped), Jack Maunder (Exeter Chiefs, uncapped), Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 25 caps), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 4 caps), Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks, uncapped)

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

[url=https:[www.justgiving.com], Please sponsor me here[/url]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/04/2017 08:37 by Chris Hoddle.

Re: Dylan Captain of England tour, Harry goes as well!
Posted by: HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:40

Piers Francis in the England squad. What a brilliant signing,

Date: 20 April, 2017 08:43

No Brookes

If ever there was a wake up call....

Posted by: fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)

Building for the future. Big mix of youth and experience.Brilliant selection.

No Kieran Brookes, has slipped off the pecking order completely

Posted by: rugbymel (IP Logged)

Congratulations to Harry and all the Saints selected.

Posted by: SaintMaul (IP Logged)

Well done Harry.

Date: 20 April, 2017 08:47

Will be interesting to see how much Harry's defence improves after a summer with Eddie/Yoda.

I feel Harry should have got more of a mention last week albeit everyone was annoyed at losing. His defence was vastly improving physically. And he really put a stamp on the games making breaks, involved in open play etc. It feels like he could have come of age last week.....

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:54

No Teimana ?

Posted by: Bob Stainsby (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:57

Quote:
HLTW
No Brookes, If ever there was a wake up call....
Indeed like the seven trumpets of revelation loud and very clear
It will be instructive as to how the young man responds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/04/2017 09:01 by Bob Stainsby.

Posted by: Mobbs (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 09:13

Very surprised to see Harrison not in the squad. Surely England know enough about Wood and Robshaw by now.

Clearly Eddie Jones ( Grand Slam and 6N winner in two attempts ) knows something about Paul Hill that the Saints forwards coach does not !

Posted by: FatAlan (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 09:20

Nice to see some long term thinking by the England management for once. Mixing some youth in with experience while they still have the chance!

Posted by: Eif Jones (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 09:26

Solomona is there, so the RFU have gone against their own proposal to World Rugby that residential qualification should increase to five years. Its time the RFU came to terms with the fact that they, and possibly France, have more rugby players than any other country and stealing South Sea Islanders is not good for the world game. France have already come to terms with the inadequate qualification process but, with Hughes and now Solomona, England are still in the dark ages.

Posted by: Neil-H (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 09:43

Quote:
Eif Jones
Solomona is there, so the RFU have gone against their own proposal to World Rugby that residential qualification should increase to five years. Its time the RFU came to terms with the fact that they, and possibly France, have more rugby players than any other country and stealing South Sea Islanders is not good for the world game. France have already come to terms with the inadequate qualification process but, with Hughes and now Solomona, England are still in the dark ages.

LOL bless....

The rules are in place, you work within those rules like everyone else does... I look at it the other way and say good for England for putting forward the proposal, but while its still a proposal, you play to the same rules as the rest.

Posted by: ajack (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 09:48

England really seem to be getting their act together, right up there at age group level and those players filtering into the senior squad.

Posted by: rugbymel (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 09:55

Surprised to see Piers Francis selected but congratulations. Presumably now he won't be available to play for the Blues against the Lions.

Posted by: Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 10:03

Very exciting selections. Looking forwards to seeing some of these young players filter into a side full of experience to see what our future options look like. Eddie does not have a record run to protect so he can take a few more risks and set himself and the team up for a successful future.

Posted by: twsaint (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 10:09

A lot of players left out who might have expected to be in with a shout. Apart from Brookes and Harrison, there's no Wade, Roko, Yarde, Devoto, Goode, Catt, Taylor, Beaumont,Robson, Mike Williams, Barrow, Ewers, Cipriani.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/04/2017 10:12 by twsaint.

Posted by: Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 10:41

Interesting comparison to the 2013 tour
http://i.imgur.com/rJuDvgN.png

Sent from the toilet

Posted by: andysaint (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 11:15

Quote:
twsaint
A lot of players left out who might have expected to be in with a shout. Apart from Brookes and Harrison, there's no Wade, Roko, Yarde, Devoto, Goode, Catt, Taylor, Beaumont,Robson, Mike Williams, Barrow, Ewers, Cipriani.

In terms of Wade, several international coaches have had a chance to have a look and all said no thank you. It does not look like he will make it internationally now.

I would have liked to see Robson given a go, Taylor and Beaumont as I do think that they could have a role to play in the future and have not had bad seasons. The rest have either not had stellar years or will now be at the end of their international careers (Cipriani and Goode).

I worry a bit about our Harrison, I really do feel that to play internationally he needs to be starting games. I would have expected to see more of that this season.

Posted by: Deesaint (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 12:33

Do you get the feeling that EJ is using this tour as a chance to look at a lot of aspiring youngsters. He knows what a lot of existing choices can do. Why not.

Said before, and roundly criticised for doing so / not that i'm bitter, EJ sees TH as a 7. He hasn't got a hope in hell of being played as a 7 under JM who prefers two 6s as flankers so he is a quasi back up 8 and gets last 10/15 minutes of each game unless there is injury.
A great talent going to waste.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net