My expedition to the ticket office this Friday morning
Posted by: Bob Stainsby (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 13:06

Right so having rearranged some online meetings put off an appointment in other words 'cleared the decks' Friday Am arrived...........

I arose with the lark at the crack of 7.30.
A quick shower, a brief (very) dog walk and then after packing the essentials consisting of;

Sleeping bag,
Pop up tent,
Kendal mint cake,
Flask of tea,
Waterproofs and galoshes
I bid a tearful farewell to Mrs S with the fatefull words “I am going to the Gardens now and I may be some time”
Orf I set from darkest Brackleyshire at 09.10 quick stop for fuel then took to the A43.

Having reached my destination of Jimmy’s land and guided by the lighthouse I was pleasantly surprised to find a parking space by the Sevens pub. I struggled into my rucksack containing my essential survival gear and with the aid of my trusty walking poles set off for the final push to the FG shop or as near as I thought I might get.

Imagine then my surprise on nearing the hallowed ground when I encountered or rather didn’t the expected hordes of folk camping by Beacon bingo! Nada nothing no one!

Cautiously I entered the shop area and agin no hordes nor queues. I convinced myself I was in the wrong place when a pleasant young lady directed me to turn left as you walk in.

There to my amazement were at least 6 or 7 people behind the counter smiling and eager to help! Within minutes nay seconds I had my precious tickets in my hand plus a free gift for turning up MARVELLOUS!! I fairly skipped back to the old Jalopy and tootled back to NN13 back in time to share a cup of Darjeeling with the memsahib and all by 11am!

OK on a serious note; THANK YOU ticket office and all involved in a difficult logistics issue Bravo Saints!! And lets do it (ticket thingy apart) next week! COME ON YEW SAINTS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2017 13:55 by Bob Stainsby.

Re: My expedition to the ticket office this Friday morning
Posted by: BrianB (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 14:02

Nice one Bob. Have you eaten the mint cake or thrown it in the bin?

Date: 19 May, 2017 14:12

Oooh! eaten it EATEN IT eaten ........sorry sugar rush, hyper now Woooooooeye popping smiley

Posted by: Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 14:38

WE had toothbrushes!

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

[url=https:[www.justgiving.com], Please sponsor me here[/url]

Posted by: Aylesbury Saint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 15:11

I blame Jim and Dorian and the Board. Sack them all!!!

Posted by: lilyg (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 17:46

It must have been the power of the pie! (remember that?)

Date: 19 May, 2017 18:22

Ahh power of the pie these are legends and powerfull Karma

Posted by: Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 19:05

I also remember The Black Puddings!

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

[url=https:[www.justgiving.com], Please sponsor me here[/url]

Posted by: Ishmael (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 20:46

Quote:
Chris Hoddle
I also remember The Black Puddings!

Did you retire on the profits?*
(Sm102)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net