Incoming Eif!!
Posted by: SaintED (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 22:00

Very good win Scarlets and congratulations on being both the first away team to get through a SF in the Pro12 history and the first Welsh team for a while to get to the Final. A really complete performance too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/05/2017 12:22 by SaintED.

Re: Incoming Eif!!
Posted by: Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 22:24

Yeah they were very good value tonight. Leinster, not so much.
Best team won.

Sent from the toilet

Posted by: Eif Jones (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2017 02:49

This thread is a little bit more informative than the Torygraph. In their eyes, such an insignificant game.

Surely, the Scarlets enthusiasm was helped by the fact that such a large proportion of the squad have come through their own Academy.

Posted by: Matthew (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2017 08:26

Scarlets with a player sent off just before half time too. Impressive.

ACTUAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES TRAINING
FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Posted by: Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2017 08:58

Yeah that's the same story with Leinster, Eif. Irish folk on twitter this week we're claiming they have the best academy in the world. It's all relative but it was interesting to see the scarlets stand up to the much vaunted Leinster front row. Worked out a bit?

Sent from the toilet

Posted by: HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2017 10:21

Quote:
Eif Jones
This thread is a little bit more informative than the Torygraph. In their eyes, such an insignificant game.
Surely, the Scarlets enthusiasm was helped by the fact that such a large proportion of the squad have come through their own Academy.

Yes probably right. Easier with only 4 teams but yes. (don't start on population blah blah, England more fragmented system).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/05/2017 10:21 by HungryLikeTheWolf.

Posted by: Corkst (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2017 06:32

Quote:
Eif Jones
Mr Jones, you can hardly blame the paper for treating it as insignificant when the "supporters" themselves don't really care about the pro 12. Two semi finals played in half empty stadiums. A lot of Munster & Leinster fans see the European cup as the only trophy that really counts.

Posted by: fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2017 09:36

Quote:
Corkst
Quote:
Eif Jones
Mr Jones, you can hardly blame the paper for treating it as insignificant when the "supporters" themselves don't really care about the pro 12. Two semi finals played in half empty stadiums. A lot of Munster & Leinster fans see the European cup as the only trophy that really counts.

Their unions still call the tune on when players can appear so they limit the times when teams can put out their strongest sides. helps player development but devalues the competition. So we complain about risk averse player selection policies here but then every game counts and you cant be relegated from the pro 12

Date: 21 May, 2017 10:50

Quote:
fair_weather_fan
Quote:
Corkst
Quote:
Eif Jones

Their unions still call the tune on when players can appear so they limit the times when teams can put out their strongest sides. helps player development but devalues the competition. So we complain about risk averse player selection policies here but then every game counts and you cant be relegated from the pro 12

Yes, but the fact that they don't put out their strongest sides (not always down to the IRFU, sometimes due to an upcoming European game) and still two teams can win the whole thing half the time surely shows a competition that is inherently lacking value?

Posted by: Eif Jones (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2017 01:06

Here we go again, it has been noted that the likes of Saracens have been known to rest players before a Euro pool game. Yes, the Pro12 have weaker Italian teams, no different to the likes of Bristol, Worcester, and it gives an opportunity to squad players. Corkst, you've been reading too many Torygraph old wives tales. Not only that but you comment on the attendance of the Pro12 semi's from a position of complete ignorance, presumably you didn't see the full house at the RDS on Friday night, or the 18,000+ crowd at Munster, bearing in mind that its a bit tricky for away fans, especially as the exact oppos in Ireland were not known until the final game of the season. Beforehand, it all pointed to a Munster/Scarlets semi but results changed that.

Having inquired about a trip to Dublin next Saturday, all flights from Cardiff and Bristol are fully booked, ditto all RyanAir from the midlands. The Scarlets themselves are organising a ferry trip from Fishguard to Rosslare with 2 nights stay.

Posted by: lilyg (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2017 12:32

Bristol and Worcester are miles better than the Italian teams.............streets ahead

Date: 22 May, 2017 18:05

Mr Jones, as I have never read the Telegraph (the paper to which I assume you are referring) I have no idea whether they tell old wives tales. I will admit to being wrong on the attendances as I assumed the RDS had a larger capacity. However, the attendance of 15800 (source IRFU, not the full house you claim) and a two thirds full thomond (a massaged figure judging by the unused terraces and empty seats) still validate my point that the Munster and Leinster supporters do not value the pro 12. Look at the attendance for an ECC quarter final - 50000+ and I very much doubt that there were vast swathes of wasps supporters at it, or the final pool game vs. Montpelier which would definitely not had too many away supporters - 17000. Your original point(?) was a whinge about the telegraph treating it as insignificant and my retort was to question why they shouldn't. What percentage of their readership would have an interest? But what I really want to know is this - if you hold the telegraph in such disdain that you feel the need to use the juvenile sobriquet "Torygraph" what on earth are you doing reading it?
p.s. Having sat in the stand at Musgrave Park having paid good money to end up watching squad players when fully fit first teamers are sitting nearby I think I am qualified to comment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net