Rob Horne
Posted by: Ady32 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 07:06

I was really impressed with Rob on Saturday - even more so since watching the game back on TV. He seemed to be at the heart of most of the attacks but he was also great in defence and on the chase. A great signing!!

Re: Rob Horne
Posted by: Nath-coys (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 07:19

Top quality signing!

Think people didn't realise when we signed him what a top level player he is!

When we get our 2 Fly halves back and fit I am quite confident our midfield will be in really good shape!

Added bonus if Luther really starts firing again!

Posted by: StGonne (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 07:28

Absolutely had a solid game. Didn't think I'd say this but he was overshadowed by Luther who as mentioned above was really firing on all cylinders which he hasn't done for well over a year

Posted by: Hollywood JK (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 07:48

Agree, looks like the International he is, and will only get better with game time, but a big defensive player, that should provide solid defence in the 13 channel.

Looking forward to seeing more of his attack!

Posted by: Nath-coys (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 07:53

Agreed!

Looking for North and Collins to start benefiting outside him.

All in all we could have a pretty tasty backline!

Sounded like the back 3 had good games on Saturday as well??

Posted by: Toulousian Firefighter (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 08:15

Great player/signing.

Wasn't he first there at each of our kick offs too? His hit on Matt Smith from the first whistle - set the tone.

His experience can really get our backline firing. Seemed to be communicating really well with Luther. Something to be positive about!

Posted by: StGonne (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 10:35

Quote:
Nath-coys
Agreed!
Looking for North and Collins to start benefiting outside him.

All in all we could have a pretty tasty backline!

Sounded like the back 3 had good games on Saturday as well??

Yep, I was going to mention, Tuala looking threatening, Collins outstanding and North looked like the 2013 Lion we signed, popping up all over the park. Just pray that they keep this up

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 10:46

Things really seemed to have changed for the attack under the Dickens guidance.

We seem to have multiple runners, there are players looping, feints and dummies and players seem to be making themselves available.
Its a pleasure to watch.

Now, if we can just sort out the scrum, then we'll be ok.

Tuala is also someone that I think deserves a mention. He has come on leaps and bounds. His seems to have a real desire to run at people. We know that he has a monster boot on him, but its nice to see that running is his instinct.

I also thought that Harry had a much better game. I thought that from the first whistle, he was leading the line well, encouraging those outside him to run on and hit the ball with pace. Having said that, there were a few instances when I was waiting for an interception as a few passes were pretty bold and must have been within a fingertip of the on rushing defence. I guess, as they day, fortune favours the bold.

Posted by: saintsfella (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 11:34

I agree completely. Horne showed his international pedigree which isn't Hollywood stuff, but the simple stuff done excellently. He picks the right opportunities to hit the line, and when he does he is deep and does it at pace which gets us going forward. Add to that his excellent defence, which I agree was typified by him beingfirst up to make hits, and I think we have ourselves a real catalyst.

You're right, Burrell and North looked back to their best and Tuala continued his improvement to become a real safe pair f hands and threat at the back (despite a bit of complacency for May's try and the death). Harry looked much better at 10, without suggesting his future lies there, which showed good temperament from him but also hugely helped by the players around him- polar opposite from last week.

One swallow does not make a summer, but we showed improvement in pretty much every area we asked from last week. Hats off to the lads and let's hope it continues on Friday night. COYS!

Posted by: Soranzo (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 11:52

Saturday's performance was much more akin to what was seen in pre-season which still beggars the question as to where it went against Sarries...?

Never mind, thought Harry too was much improved and Horne already made a difference - what a statement that first hit on Matt Smith was.... surprised Smith got up at all from that one given the way he was 'felled' by Dylan a couple of years back...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2017 14:57 by Soranzo.

Posted by: skybluesaint (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 13:19

Ian Hunter on Radio waxed lyrical about him. No coincidence perhaps that Luther played better than for a long time.

Posted by: St Saltaire (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 17:37

He made playing look very simple which is the mark of a great player. In the right place at the right time and some very excellent chasing. A very good signing indeed. Looks like a good combination with Luther.

Posted by: San Miguel (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 19:10

A bit like Conrad Smith did for the ABs, his intelligence and deft touches make those around him look world class. Could definitely be one of those 'missing link' players that propels Saints onwards and upwards. Get the No 8 position sorted and Myler/Francis at 10 and suddenly the spine of the team looks strong.

Very astute signing

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net