Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: NEWS: Teams Up AW cup Sale vs Saints
Posted by: Eif Jones (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2018 18:34

Strange, not exactly a development team when you have OAPs like Myler being chosen in front of the possible future in Grayson.

Posted by: Waggydog (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2018 18:56

Quote:
Dave Jackson
Rotten luck. Or poor management of the players conditioning?

Rotten luck.

Posted by: St.Sinner (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2018 19:05

[quote Eif Jones]Strange, not exactly a development team when you have OAPs like Myler being chosen in front of the possible future in Grayson.[/quote

I can see why Mylerís experience may seem attractive in a less experienced Saints team but these are the games Grayson should be playing in 100%.

Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2018 19:15

Totally agree about Grayson ahead of Myler but I really do think the club are targeting this competition. Silverware ahead of player development. Club ahead of individual. Not saying it's right or wrong but three trophies available by the end of the season and this is our only chance of the club salvaging something - plus the A league of course.

Posted by: twsaint (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2018 19:19

Quote:
Eif Jones
Strange, not exactly a development team when you have OAPs like Myler being chosen in front of the possible future in Grayson.

Grayson is away with England Under 20 from next week, Piers is still out and Harry is one injury away from being in the England 23. So Stephen needs some game time.

Let's forget this development team/competition stuff, teams pick the best team for their circumstances.

Posted by: St tub (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2018 19:49

Exactly what TW said.. with bells on

Posted by: Saintly Pursuit (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2018 21:37

If it stayed that way and Mallinder did get called up do we have another 10?

Posted by: Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2018 22:16

Well as I said in an early thread. Could do with the winnings to pay off the debt for this tear.
Developing whom for what for this season?
I new DOR may have other thoughts?
There are about four U18 games and another maybe 6 wandies game anyway, so why not go for the cup?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Posted by: SaintMaul (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2018 23:42

Quote:
Chris Hoddle
Sale team (some changes from St Maul's version
Flynn
Jones
WGJ
Bryn
Beau
TJ
Nield
Moore
Faf
Wilkinson
Odogwu
L. James
Will A
Charnley
Haley

Bench:

16. Curtis Langdon, 17. Jake Pope, 18. Alexandru Tarus, 19. Matt Postlethwaite, 20. David Seymour, 21. George Nott, 22. Will Cliff, 23. Cameron Redpath.

My apologies. I copied from the Sale board assuming it was the actual team. Turns out it was a speculative team by a Sale fan.

Thanks for highlighting Chris.

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 27 January, 2018 07:56

A lock at 6 and a flanker at 8..... ugh

still, good enough to maybe win. Happy with Myler selection for now, we need wins from wherever we can get them in whatever competition.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net