Harry edging closer to that first cap
Posted by: SaintMaul (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 23:06

Harry must be impressing Eddie Jones because he has been retained in the 25 man squad for the Scotland game with 7 players released back to their clubs including Solomona and Earle.

With 10 backs in the starting line up and on the bench and with 11 backs retained, it means Harry will either be the only back not to make the match day squad or he's in it.

Anybody know how Watson is doing after coming off v Wales as he's in the 11?

Re: Harry edging closer to that first cap
Posted by: Waggydog (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 23:11

Good on the lad. As you say, he must be doing something right in training to be kept for an extra couple of days at least.

I know H has his detractors but I'm certainly glad he's one of ours and this experience will hopefully see him improve on his already considerable skill.

Posted by: MarchingIn (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 08:20

Jones is an excellent man manager. I suspect it would be hugely beneficial for Harry to see himself in an England shirt, and he might get a few minutes game time.

Posted by: HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 08:23

IMHO no chance until summer tour. The next few games will be so tight, one missed tackle at that level is the whole grand slam gone. Not worth the risk right now.

Posted by: Neil-H (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 09:21

Look who Jones sent back, the 2 Apprentice players and Danny S.... Harry can cover so many positions, so will be there in case of a training injury and step up.... or that’s how I read it.

Good luck to him, but I think it will take an injury for him to be picked

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 18:40

Can't see it happening against Scotland. I'd suggest that this game will be very, very close as they'll be bang up for it like no other match. Scots looked good against France and I thought England looked 2nd best against Wales for most of the match.

Posted by: HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 20:21

Just shows everyone sees things differently .... !

Thought Scotland vs France were two average sides. If French had any sort of discipline they’d have won. Scotland without their front row will be beaten up IMHO

England simple win for me. 20 points plus.

Posted by: Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 08:27

On the Saints show Ian Hunter said he watched the Scotland France game and he thought that it lacked structure and thought that both teams would be easily beaten by England. He did say that When Finn went off and Laidlaw went to 10 the structure improved greatly.

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Posted by: Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 14:37

Jones will have a defence, with a c, coach strapped to H all the time. The longer he is away the better it is for player and Saints.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net