Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Chris Foy from Mail - Saints sign Haskell
Posted by: Flook (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 09:17

Quote:
jimmies
This could be awesome or a complete failure

Just what most folks think at the start of any Saints season then.(Sm102)

Posted by: TringSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 09:19

Welcome Olney678.
Great post and I totally agree - he is a leader and love him or loathe him, he does deliver on the field.

People of here bang on about Nuttley, et al and how it is an absolute travesty that they didn’t get first team game time. But look where they have gone to. The only departing player of recent years who has been snapped up by a better side than us is Calum Clarke. The rest have gone to the championship or lower or as bench fodder for bottom end teams.

If these lads were so fantastic then why hasn’t a top team snapped them up?

I’m sure Boyd has a plan and didn’t see the young lads as making the grade and is backfilling with experience where it is needed (Woody should be doing that role but is playing so under par that I can’t see him being anything more than a bit part player next season).

Posted by: Saint Jericho (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 09:29

He's being announced at 10 so it's definitely happening. We can't change it so let's get behind Haskell and trust in Boyd's vision. Welcome James.

Posted by: Flook (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 09:37

From the Offy twitter

Northampton Saints 😇
‏
Verified account

@SaintsRugby
16m16 minutes ago
More
💼 We are now recruiting for the 2018/19 season. The ideal candidate will have...

- International pedigree
- @premrugby experience
- @ChampionsCup honours
- Performed worldwide
- Excellent chat
- DJ skills
- A digger

To apply, please send CV to @SaintsRugby by 10am today

Posted by: Matthew (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 09:38

Got to be certain now....

[twitter.com]

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Posted by: Flapjack (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 09:39

Coaching & recruitment meeting-

Coach 1: I'll tell you what, Jamie Gibson has been brilliant this season.
Coach 2: Yeah, potential captain next season.
Idiot: Lets sign James Haskell
All: Aye!

Posted by: RugbyInsideLine (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 09:40

Quote:
Matthew
Got to be certain now....
[twitter.com]

Got to be certain now...

https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/status/995946830314852352

Posted by: Wrench (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 09:48

Let's put it this way, every single Rugby fan I have in my phone has messaged me this morning ripping me a new one, all finding this signing absolutely hilarious. Can't believe we are the fools going in for him.

Re: NEWS: Saints Sign James Haskell
Date: 14 May, 2018 09:58

In Tom Vickers report of the signing there is no mention of Brussow as one of our back row options next season. Should we read anything into this? Maybe his fitness issues?

Posted by: acl saint (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 09:58

I think he’ll play at 8.

Posted by: Bob Stainsby (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 09:59

Welcome indeed Olney678 and for a first post that is spot on with my thinking too. Ditto comments about Dylan Courts etc possibly (probably) having input.

The off field 'persona' is as with many high-profile sportsmen and women all meant to keep the cash till ringing with endorsements ads etc. I often find it amusing when some folk comment on any in the news be it sports or entertainment (same thing?) etc "Oh I can't stand such and such" when they have never met the individual let alone got to know them, don’t confuse public ‘face’ with private.

Finally, we are all excited and pleased to have a top rugby coach joining us who must be having his say in guiding recruitment.

In Boyd we believe yes?

Edited to add Welcome James

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2018 12:34 by Bob Stainsby.

Posted by: lost in duston (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 10:02

Knee jerk reaction was “Nooooooooo”
But
He could be one of those players that makes you change your mind and becomes a fans favourite.

Then again.....

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 10:04

Quote:
Wrench
Let's put it this way, every single Rugby fan I have in my phone has messaged me this morning ripping me a new one, all finding this signing absolutely hilarious. Can't believe we are the fools going in for him.

My mates say great signing - I guess we will find out who is smarter

Flappers - you know I respect your opinion but do you think Boyd is an idiot? You need depth in the back row, is such an attritional game.

Posted by: Matthew (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 10:04

This would appear to resolve the discussions of who should be captain next year. Plus I understand that Haskell has a digger, so as well as playing in the back row he can provide cover at groundsman.*

Reading between the lines, does this mean that the out-and-out 8 Boyd wants may not be available this season?

Anyway, welcome to Haskell and I look forward to him proving the naysayers wrong as he makes best efforts to fight his way into the England squad.

NB I did wonder when he did a book signing in Northampton last month, but not in Coventry....

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2018 10:07 by Matthew.

Date: 14 May, 2018 10:06

Tom Vickers just forgot about Brussow...he's not leaving.

Posted by: acl saint (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 10:07

Quote:
Bob Stainsby
Welcome indeed Olney678 and for a first post that is spot on with my thinking too. Ditto comments about Dylan Courts etc possibly (probably) having input.
The off field 'persona' is as with many high-profile sportsmen and women all meant to keep the cash till ringing with endorsements ads etc. I often find it amusing when some folk comment on any in the news be it sports or entertainment (same thing?) etc "Oh I can't stand such and such" when they have never met the individual let alone got to know them, don’t confuse public ‘face’ with private.

Finally, we are all excited and pleased to have a top rugby coach joining us who must be having his say in guiding recruitment.

In Boyd we believe yes?

+1

Posted by: Deesaint (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 10:11

Welcome James
Looking forward to next season already

Posted by: herbie85 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 10:33

Quote:
Saint Jericho
He's being announced at 10 so it's definitely happening. We can't change it so let's get behind Haskell and trust in Boyd's vision. Welcome James.

Reluctantly this. As others have said, let's hope we see him hungry on the pitch heading to the RWC and get no antics off the field. Can't fault his pedigree. Boyd knows slightly more than me. Only slightly though*

Posted by: Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 10:37

I can feel a Hoddle's Hunch coming on! How many games will this gym monkey play for Saints? Given his ambition to play for his country and the inevitable injuries that will occur due to his age, I will guess 10.

Posted by: SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 10:38

My goodness, why all this negative stuff?

Maybe all the decent 8's on our radar are contracted for another year, maybe we are using Hask as a stop gap until they are available. None of us know, so lets get behind the coaches and the player.

I think he is the type of player we have been missing, all our back rowers are lightweight and he adds some much needed beef to the pack.

I really hope he tears it up and proves everyone wrong tongue sticking out smiley

Current Page: 3 of 7
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net