Coaches
Posted by: Nath-coys (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 20:06

Tommy Vickers has said on Twitter that no more Coaches are incoming and no more outgoing.

So at a guess.......

Head coach - Boyd
Attack - Vesty
Defence - Dickens
Scrum - Ferguson
Forwards - Dowse

Re: Coaches
Posted by: Saint Jericho (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 20:26

That's how I have it nath. Can't see Dickens being in charge of forwards so by process of elimination must be Dowson. Defence was water-tight under Dickens so I'm happy with that.

Just need a few extra players now...

Posted by: Nath-coys (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2018 07:15

Agreed, I did see mentioned Ferguson worked on line outs as well.
So maybe he is the set piece coach and Dowson open play.
Yeah dickens did a very good job as defence coach.

Yep just a couple more players I think to come and we will be complete for Next season.... COYS!

Posted by: twsaint (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2018 09:55

Exact set up to be announced next week.

There's bound to be a lot of overlap. Attack doesn't just mean backs etc.

Key role for the Senior Leadership Group as well. I'm sure Chris Boyd will want to tap into the experience of Dyl, Franks, Hask, Biggar etc

Posted by: Mobbs (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2018 11:09

Thats the key, utilise the experience, don't discard it with 'I know best'. Players who are playing or have played at the highest International level will absorb different cultures and modus operandi from which their club colleagues and coaches can also learn.

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2018 13:01

Dylan's experience will be crucial. I know the like of Biggar, Haskell and Courts have/ are firmly embedded in the national sides and will have experience of elite level coaching, but Dylan is even more so entrenched.

His knowledge and experience should be tapped into. I'd like to think that it already is.

I like that we have a young group of coaches, who whilst are experienced in coaching, are not too experienced that they will most likely be closed to new ideas. The links between Matt Ferguson and Franks will be key, as will the link between Dowse and Vesty who will have played and to an extent, coached together.

Are they the most experience group? No. Do they have the potential to become a superb coaching team? Absolutely!

Lets hope Boyd can not only mold the team into a cohesive unit, but also the coaching team into a veritable think tank of cracking ideas!

Dare I say, its all looking promising!

Posted by: Stockers (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2018 17:21

Quote:
twsaint
Exact set up to be announced next week.
There's bound to be a lot of overlap. Attack doesn't just mean backs etc.

Key role for the Senior Leadership Group as well. I'm sure Chris Boyd will want to tap into the experience of Dyl, Franks, Hask, Biggar etc

Exactly my thoughts TWS. King got fed up trying to select an attacking back row for example and the elephant kept overruling him.

It's all shaping up quite nicely!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net