Saints and the local media......
Posted by: Mobbs (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2018 09:06

I think it is worth giving a positive word for both Tom Vickers and Graham McKechnie with regard to their reporting of all matters Green, Black and Gold. Tom's recent interviews have been particuarly revealing, especially with players who have just come to an end of their time at the Gardens. Meanwhile, the podcasts from Radio Northampton are very welcome with particular praise being due for Graham's interest in the history of the club notably concentrating on the Great War.

One thing that does irk a little is the Chron's apparent priority of the Cobblers over the Saints. Whilst stating the blindingly obvious, Saints are in their top flight whilst our friends from Sixfields are in the fourth tier. Average crowds are almost three times larger at the Gardens than those just down the road. No big deal I guess but just saying nontheless!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2018 09:07 by Mobbs.

Re: Saints and the local media......
Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2018 09:41

Agree on your points about Tom and Graham, both very good journalists.

Slightly disagree on your second point though, Cobblers play more matches, have been in a dire state and everything going on with the missing money, I personally think that is why they are setting more column inches at the minute compared to a pretty unremarkable season from saints, we had plenty of coverage when JM left and the appointment of Boyd, just my opinion though

Posted by: Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2018 11:18

The local coverage is very good. The relationship with the club seems to be very healthy with lots of access to players and coaches but they still have the freedom to criticize.

The match coverage on the radio is also at a much higher standard than elsewhere. You just get the feeling that despite the troubles of late there is a lot of good things happening with and around Saints. The local media help keep us close to the club that it felt in the past.

I just hope we can translate that good feeling into winning a bit more ;-)

Posted by: Longers (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 17:11

I think that over the years I have been associated with Saints in one form or another, we have been blessed with excellent reportage.

And I can say that having been brought up on Barry Newcombe!

Posted by: harryw (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 05:39

Barry Newcombe that name bring back some memories (Sm128)

Posted by: shendy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 08:01

I've still got my "socially challenged cyber saddo" t-shirt...

Posted by: harryw (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2018 11:51

Quote:
shendy
I've still got my "socially challenged cyber saddo" t-shirt...

Me too. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net