Date: 14 June, 2018 09:40

Both are ex Saints and Falcons I think.

Re: RFU youth coaches axed as Dean Ryan stamps his authority
Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 13:11

Quote:
BrianB
Thats correct. John was a centre who broke his leg at the gardens against Quins I think and Peter was a 6 who knew where the try line was. Peter was also capped by Scotland while with us.

Posted by: BrianB (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 13:34

And, more importanty, neither are ex Wasps.winking smiley

Posted by: Saint Wilf (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 13:38

Quote:
Dragonboy
Quote:
BrianB
Thats correct. John was a centre who broke his leg at the gardens against Quins I think and Peter was a 6 who knew where the try line was. Peter was also capped by Scotland while with us.

Correct v Quins at FG.
There was a loud crack when his leg broke which could be heard around the ground followed by an eerie silence.

Posted by: Saint Swill (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 14:28

Dean Ryan once tried to barge me over at FG. And if I remember rightly, hurtled up into the Churches Stand to try to punch some poor old geezer in row Y who had dared to murmur a disparaging remark within Ryan's earshot.

An oafish chap, whose list of achievements in his coaching career compares very unfavourably with the people he is dismissing.

Posted by: Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 15:37

The RFU are very good at getting rid of people with records of success and often reward failure.

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 16:05

Quote:
Dragonboy
Quote:
BrianB

I was at that game sat in the church’s in front .... heard the crack ugh

Posted by: Saint Robert (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2018 12:10

Quote:
Wilson Pickett
Quote:
Dragonboy
Quote:
BrianB

I was at that game sat in the church’s in front .... heard the crack ugh

Must have been a loud crack if it woke you up in the Church's*

Posted by: TringSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2018 12:40

Quote:
Saint Wilf
Quote:
Dragonboy
Quote:
BrianB

Correct v Quins at FG.
There was a loud crack when his leg broke which could be heard around the ground followed by an eerie silence.

Was that the game when he collided with Harvey Thorneycroft? If so then I was there and it sounded like a stick breaking.
Spoke to Harvey in the pub afterwards and he wasn’t hurt one bit in the collision - built like a tank was Harv!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net