What joy, in-line adverts
Posted by: shendy (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 07:18

Yes, I know SN needs ads to keep going, but I've just seen an in-line advert for the first time - an Audi advert in the middle of a thread.
Ads at the side are one thing, but ads in the middle of articles/threads are an absolute pain in the proverbial.

Re: What joy, in-line adverts
Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 08:28

I've seen this sort of thing for months on here personally.

Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 08:36

Iím finding them sporadically, nothing we can do about it unfortunately, itís not just on here, so many websites now are getting ridiculous with adverts and stuff, itís getting to the point where Iím half expecting to need to answer a survey before I open an email!

Posted by: manxsaint (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 10:55

Ads don't trouble me - I've used Adblocker Plus as an extension for a number of years, and very few get through.Never seen an ad on this website! 0ne or two websites - eg The Telegraph - will show a pop-up saying "We notice you're using an adblocker" or something similar, but one can just click through those.

Posted by: shendy (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 11:53

The ad-blocker at work must have been down for a while - I've got no ads now, and I definitely had several around the page earlier when I posted. Which would explain why it was the first time I've seen an in-line ad, given I've got an ad-blocker running at home as well.

Posted by: LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 12:39

I don't mind the ads (here and elsewhere) but what annoys me is that they always seem to load first, in the case of this site, just as I'm about to click on the article I want to read the page loads some more and shifts everything around, causing me to click in the wrong place (normally on the ad!).

Anyone else or just my fat fingers?

Date: 05 December, 2018 13:01

Happens on my ipad, but not on my phone or laptop, Iíve reverted to using the mobile version on the iPad as it seems to work better

Posted by: Matthew (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 13:12

Quote:
LeicesterSaint
I don't mind the ads (here and elsewhere) but what annoys me is that they always seem to load first, in the case of this site, just as I'm about to click on the article I want to read the page loads some more and shifts everything around, causing me to click in the wrong place (normally on the ad!).

Yep, me all the time on a mobile device!

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Posted by: Corkst (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 18:41

Quote:
LeicesterSaint

The number of times I've clicked on that banner doesn't bear thinking about.

Posted by: St Saltaire (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 22:14

Leicester Saint - I think that there is a sensor under the screen. As I tap, the page moves and I open the thread above the one I want. This usually happens several times. I blame St Ted :-)

Date: 06 December, 2018 06:46

Are you guys using the mobile version of the site or the desktop?

Posted by: Matthew (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 10:01

Mobile is where I have the problem. Desktop site keeps things static, but obviously isn't ideal for viewing on a mobile-sized screen.

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Posted by: SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 21:22

I use an internet app called brave blocks adds automatically so is quite handy

Posted by: St Saltaire (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 23:15

St Ted - only just seen your query. The problem is only on a mobile. Using iPad or pc is fine. Itís not really a problem.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net