Season Match Dashboards UPDATED
Posted by: BathSalmon (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 21:57

Apologies to anyone that has been trying to use the dashboards I had put together with this season's match stats, I hadn't updated them in a few months UNTIL NOW! Ha.

Essentially changing jobs in that time was the main cause, along with being frustrated with Baths form (funny how you don't want to look at stats after a loss!).

Anyway the dashboards have been updated now with the last 6 rounds of matches.

Go take a look and discover for yourself who is performing in what metrics, individually and collectively.

[public.tableau.com]

Cheers

Sam

Adopted Player 18-19: Anthony Perenise
Adopted Player 17-18 & 16-17: Dave Attwood
Adopted Player 15-16: Matt Garvey

Re: Season Match Dashboards UPDATED
Date: 10 January, 2019 23:06

Just found how to post the images. Click the link about to get to the interactive data.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwlLRhhWwAQ2SUP.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwlLRjGXQAE86J4.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwlLRhyXQAM82A2.jpg

Posted by: Longers (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 08:45

You need to get out more!

(Sm108)

Posted by: BrianB (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 09:57

I think thats a compliment BathSalmon.

Just looking at two stats.

Errors/mins played
Alex Waller at the top but then all wasps

Penalties conceded
Saints top three

Posted by: Angus67 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 10:24

That is an incredible piece of work that demonstrates serious dedication!

Posted by: Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 11:07

From a strictly technical point of view its an excellent dashboard. Very clear, easy to use and most importantly to me, easy on the eye.

The stats dont make great reading for Saints right now but they will imporve :-)

Date: 11 January, 2019 11:57

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments!
I'm still looking to add to it as well.

Date: 11 January, 2019 12:05

Quote:
BrianB
.......I think thats a compliment BathSalmon.

I do hope you take it as such, because anyone who can represent data in the way you have, has a very special and valuable talent.

Date: 11 January, 2019 14:51

Quote:
Longers
Quote:
BrianB

I do hope you take it as such, because anyone who can represent data in the way you have, has a very special and valuable talent.

Don't worry I didn't take that badly! There is an element of truth in it as well!

Thanks again for the kind words. I'm glad you've enjoyed using it. I can't wait to see how it all looks at the end of the season. Cheers

Posted by: Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 16:14

Quote:
Longers
Quote:
BrianB

Its a good point... We could only dream that ESPN or Premiership Rugby could show stats in such an interesting and easy to use way.

Having the data is one thing but being able to use it is another. I am sure the clubs get data packaged like this but for someone to do it for the benefit of the fans is great.

Over the years i have often tried to make a point on here and elsewhere using facts/Statistics but it usually takes a lot of time and effort.

One thing though, I couldnt find the statistics for how much Wayne Barnes hates us? :-)

Posted by: BrianB (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 17:06

Off the scale!(Sm6)

Date: 11 January, 2019 17:13

Quote:
Duckonstilts
Quote:
Longers
Quote:
BrianB

Its a good point... We could only dream that ESPN or Premiership Rugby could show stats in such an interesting and easy to use way.

Having the data is one thing but being able to use it is another. I am sure the clubs get data packaged like this but for someone to do it for the benefit of the fans is great.

Over the years i have often tried to make a point on here and elsewhere using facts/Statistics but it usually takes a lot of time and effort.

One thing though, I couldnt find the statistics for how much Wayne Barnes hates us? :-)

Thanks. Interestingly a performance analyst for one of the national sides has contacted me on Twitter to say it's better than what they are given from certain companies! Which is great feedback.

As for Wayne Barnes, you shouldn't need to worry about that much longer!!

Posted by: St Jerome (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 22:20

Sorry to say there are mistakes....

Corbus has 6 tries not 5!

Date: 11 January, 2019 23:05

Thanks for highlighting.

1 try in Round 4 vs Bath is listed against J Reinach
5 further tries are listed against C Reinach

This is the issue with not controlling the source data. At some stage ESPN have decide to rename Corbus. I can fix. V. frustrating.

Date: 12 January, 2019 09:46

Quote:
St Jerome
Sorry to say there are mistakes....
Corbus has 6 tries not 5!

Many moons ago, I was taught history by someone who had written a history text book - he gave his then students 6d ( I did say many moons ago!) for any errors found. Until the second print run.

Never did find out how much it cost him!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net