Tackles
Posted by: twsaint (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2019 12:30

Updated figures from Espn.

We made 184 tackles. Moon 28, Biggar 24, Gibson 20, Fish 17, Harrison 16. Huge figures .

Re: Tackles
Posted by: LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2019 13:20

Even that doesn't tell the full story as there were a lot of dominant tackles, double tackles, second man in stripping the ball or competing etc.

Posted by: Stevie Myler's right boot (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2019 13:49

24 tackles from a 10 - Biggs is different gravy - so glad heís ours

Posted by: oh!&jeremy (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2019 14:15

A while ago someone said that Moon was going to be someone to watch, well he IS someone to watch now, he is filling someone else's boots admirably at the moment and Coles is coming up behind as well.

Jeremy

Posted by: pksaint (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2019 20:05

Quote:
oh!&jeremy
A while ago someone said that Moon was going to be someone to watch, well he IS someone to watch now, he is filling someone else's boots admirably at the moment and Coles is coming up behind as well.
Jeremy

You say one to watch. Difficult to ignore the size he is! winking smiley

Posted by: Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2019 11:44

Whatís most impressive about all of the younger guys, who have filled in and now won the shirt is that they have all performed. I honestly canít think of a time when any of them have looked out of place and every game they are making major contributions.

As for Alex Moon, well Iím no forwards expert. Itís easy to focus on the more obvious performances of Rory, Furbs, Grayson, Mitchell etc but these last few games Alex has totally got my attention. Heís phenomenal and will only get better and better.

Is this really the first season without the likes of Day and Foden?

Imagine what a full pre-season with Boyd here is going to achieve? I donít think Iíve ever been so optimistic about the future of our club.

Posted by: Stevie Myler's right boot (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2019 13:01

I think the big difference is they are given free reign to express themselves- whereas under previous regime they looked terrified to try anything in case they made a mistake. Personally I think Ben Nutley would have shone in this environment

Posted by: rugbymel (IP Logged)
Date: 26 March, 2019 17:14

Just come across this on Twitter:

Dan Biggar made 24 tackles vs Leicester Tigers on Friday night 🤯

That is the most recorded by a fly-half in the Premiership since Opta started recording the stat in 2008.

Not a single tackle missed, either 🙌
(via OptaJonny)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net