Just one more place
Posted by: fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2019 17:06

Unbeliveably we have held onto fifth spot over the weekend.

I dont think we have a cat in hell's chance of fourth, but after this weekends results I think we are allowed to wonder.

And all this with effectively a first team squad of 23 including 2 academy hookers.

Still, the fixtures come in a handy order. First up is Glaws at home which is a must win.

I hope the team are nice and relaxed as they have no chance!

Re: Just one more place
Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2019 17:18

We are playing Quins and Glaws, win those and itís interesting

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2019 17:19

If we finish in the top 6 that would be a great achievement

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2019 17:23

Agree with all three of the posts so far. Game by game for me. Beat Glos first. Home wins are a must then any other win is a bonus. If we can get, say 2 x 5 pointers at home plus an away win and LBPs from the other away games we could get another 16 points. Iím allowed to dream arenít I?

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2019 17:29

I thought it was unlikely we could get many points from the run-in? Funny how sentiment can change in a few days

Posted by: Walks11 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2019 18:33

Exeter should have secured a home play off spot by the last game as well. Letís hope first and second are settled and they have nothing to play for.

I also think if we play like we can we should should fear no-one. We wont win every game left but itís also not beyond possibility

Posted by: St Marcus (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2019 12:06

Top 4 will be very tough. Next two games as WP says are crucial. If we get a good win v Glaws and Quins lose away at Sale then we will likely be only 4/5 points behind them going into our head to head at the Stoop. A win at the Stoop and we should be more or less neck and neck going into the final three matches, where we both have to play Exeter away but we play 11th and 12th. All to play for.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net