Prem Shield Final
Posted by: twsaint (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 11:47

Sarries beat Newcastle 55-14 in the Shield/A league final. Falcons had 15 First team squad men in their 23.Sarries have enormous strength in depth.

Re: Prem Shield Final
Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 12:47

On the other hand they also had enormous strength in depth over the previous 2 seasons but Wanderers won both years !

Posted by: Stevie Myler's right boot (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 12:58

We are just letting them borrow it for a season

Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 13:01

Quote:
tedge
On the other hand they also had enormous strength in depth over the previous 2 seasons but Wanderers won both years !
As we would have this years if our injury situation hadnít catapulted most of our Wandies strength into the first fifteen

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 13:02

more money isnít just wages, itís on the whole architecture of a professional sports club

the small attendances really is an outlier in modern sport. I canít think of another dominant sports team that has smaller attendances than the bottom sides

Theyíve nailed the rugby side and totally cocked up the non-rugby side

Posted by: Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 13:32

Image what attendance might be like if they stop winning?

I am not sure what Saracens have proved other than if you spend more money you get more success? You need to spend it wisely of course and IMO they are a well run team but the club has issues.

Biggest of them is people dont want to pay to watch them. They keep putting prices up (fairly some would say) because they had been keeping ticket prices down for a while at AP but the fans would rather move stands as there is no demand to force people to pay more.

I think they are pushing to get costs down since some of the free money moved on but I dont think they have enough loyal fans to cope.

Posted by: Thrupp artist (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 14:52

Leaving aside money I don't suppose the Sarries players ever bother to muse on the paradox that despite their success not that many people really care - I guess they simply revel in the togetherness of the team and the respect of their peers. To some extent you can compare their position with Man City having similarly bought success (and Financial fair play regulations potentially biting) - but City of course have (and had in the bad times) a huge army of devoted fans. Sarries don't really represent anything.

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 19:54

Maybe rugby needs a fair play scheme too but if they can't administer the cap rule, I wouldn't hold out much hope of determining the fair play set up.

However, the fair play rule wouldn't limit cap it would only curtail what portion of income you can spend.

Rugby as a whole can't balance it's books, Imv, and relies on sugardaddies. Football doesn't even need the gatemoney in the PL such is the amount tv puts in...??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net