Hopley to Head Up Academy
Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2019 14:27

Re: Hopley to Head Up Academy
Posted by: Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2019 15:33

Great. He is a great coach with a bright future.

A strong Academy is very important to us and he has proven his ability at this level.

Looks like we are investing heavily in the Academy and I am all for it.

Posted by: ajack (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2019 15:37

Both Mark and Digger coached at MK while they were still playing and getting their coaching qualifications, no idea if that goes outside the salary cap before anyone asks. They were both very popular and really showed an interest above and beyond just turning up to coach. Great to see him getting on and hopefully developing the next generation of players.

Posted by: Stockers (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2019 09:08

When reading Boydies comments in the Chron article why do I get the impression that he has a longer term strategy than just the next two years?

Posted by: Saint Robert (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2019 12:37

just out of interest, what is Digger up to these days?

Posted by: Longers (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2019 13:12

Quote:
Stockers
When reading Boydies comments in the Chron article why do I get the impression that he has a longer term strategy than just the next two years?

Agreed.

And it would not surprise me, given their performance to date, if the board have not tasked him with preparing Dowson, Vestey, et al, to take over once he decides to depart.

In olden days they called it succession planning!

Posted by: St.Sinner (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2019 16:46

Quote:
Saint Robert
just out of interest, what is Digger up to these days?

At BBOB

Posted by: Saint Robert (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 12:53

[quote St.Sinner][quote Saint Robert]just out of interest, what is Digger up to these days?[/quote]

At BBOB[/quote

Thanks for the update.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net