Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Team v Quins 06/10/2017
Posted by: Hale shark
Date: 07/10/2017 08:50
[quote C3Q]We do seem to have some sort of hang up playing away from home. It's easy from my arm chair but we should perhaps try to starve the home team of possession and territory in the early stages. It would also allow us to settle and find our feet before half time./quote]

My thought too. In fact when Faf was interviewed before the match his opinion was the the game would be tight in the first 20 minutes. Well I guess he wasn't listening to the team brief (which reflected in his own poor performance last night) because I don't think we were lethargic like Dimes says, we tried to play expansive rugby when we should be clever and play it tight and get the home side under pressure.

I don't like the idea of players given leeway for away game prep. that tactic obviously doesn't work when your last away win was at Bristol. I would agree with him that we need a psychologist because I've said this last season, we have a mental block in playing away from home. That's a difficult monkey to get off your back.

Going back to players preparing for away games, would it be fair to say Dimes' time is far too thinly spread at the club?? recent example, Dimes' was prepared to come to a supporters meeting to discuss match-day issues, whilst that's admirable for a D.o.R. I can't see Dai Young or Mark McCall doing the same.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net