Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Not at The Party: Premiership Playoffs
Posted by: southgate
Date: 19/05/2018 17:35
Quote:
johnnyf
The note about the legality of Exeter "bellyflopping bodies all over the breakdown" is one that I have questioned for a long time.
It has become a major part of their game p[lan.
I am not sure what the laws actually say but to date it would appear that referees have let them get away with it.

Perhaps to the absolute letter of the law this seems to be acceptable, or at least hard to differentiate between right and wrong. To my mind it gives them an unacceptable advantage in the opposition's ability to win the ball - something which the laws aspire to in making the game more competitive.

I've said this many times ,they flop over the ball other Exeter players then come in rolling the flopped players so the other team can't get near the ball.Look at Nowell's first contribution to the six nations flops on the ball and gives away a penalty.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net