Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Sunday games
Posted by: Monkey1_ed
Date: 05/10/2017 19:32
We have a mix of mainly Friday & Sunday games. Fridays are a belting atmosphere & leave the weekend free, but it is difficult for families to make Friday nights, especially if younger children have been at school all week. Sundays allow more families to attend games, and very importantly also allow junior rugby teams to take part & get involved, games during the afternoon & at half time.

I am more used to visiting supporters complaining about it being difficult to make Friday night games as they cannot lose all of Friday. I don't see how this is different to losing a Monday, and those who fly home usually comment on how easy it is to have a few pints with the game, take a couple of Metro stops to the Airport, and be back in time for supper.

Everyone to their own I suppose.

I remember a London Irish supporter complaining when Exeter were promoted, that it was a long way to travel to a game. I pointed out that it is about the same distance as our closest game, which as mentioned above is Sale. Both about 150 miles.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing