Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Sarries vs Wasps (Incl. Team News)
Posted by: only two tv's
Date: 09/10/2016 21:41
Sarries were really good today, much can be made of their missing backs but the ball barely goes past 9 anyway so i don't think they would have made much difference. You have to admire how 60 mins with the game on the line, they (well their pack) turned up and took the game by the scruff of the neck.

They were very physical up front, the vunipolas rumbled well & we were just a few degrees too high in contact a bit too often.

However, I really think that we are getting there. For 60 minutes we were more than in this, we definitely have a plan that I think will work. It was noticeable how we wanted to attack the blind side early in phase play in the second half and it looked promising. If the ball bounced for Danny the right way I think we would have gone on to win or lose by 7.

It needs to be remembered our pack is decimated by injury currently. We were missing a 6,7,8 who are, were or should be in the England squad. Equally Tommy Taylor is crucial to how we play as is Myall (I don't think Launch was 100% to come on today) Against the best pack in the league/Europe this was always going to be stretch.

Sarries were good for their win and deserved it, but Carley was utterly dreadful. Watching him talk down to Launch was like watching me argue with my girlfriend. Launch did the right thing, agreed Carley was right, turned away to end it & yet Carley just kept going. That's unacceptable for a referee, he did the same at Saints if i remember rightly.

The thing that annoys me most about Carley is he doesn't talk to the players during play to help the game flow. You watch Barnes & Owens ref (The fact that barnes wasn't refereeing todays game was an absolute joke) and they are constantly talking to players at the ruck, resulting in less foul play and a more free flowing, better game for the spectator. Carley keeps silent and blows the whistle, CMK & Pearce are the same. The young pups need to learn we are there to watch the players play rugby, not them walk around making up for their years of hardship in the boys dorm.

Overall I reckon we had 3 real positives from today.

I thought Symons & Myall went really well together whilst they were on the pitch & Danny provided us with a glimpse of how we may go on to break these tighter defences down.

We were so jittery at the start and so inaccurate in the first half yet we were competitive for a long period at the home of the european champions.

I know this means nothing but a quick browse on twitter and all the boys are saying the right things. Joe Simpson sums it up that one loss doesn't make us a bad side. This could be a great loss to help refocus everyone on how hard it's going to be to win silverware this year.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net