Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Brookes
Posted by: Dragonboy
Date: 13/06/2018 11:08
Quote:
DrHankPym(superhero)
Quote:
Duckonstilts
Well i hope he goes well for you if he does sign. He was not all that great at Saints but IMO that was because for the longest time we lacked bulk in the engine room. Brookes on form is a very good player, he needs to stay put for more than a contract though if he really wants to push on.

Post RWC he started brilliant for you guys and looked (IMO) like he was going to usurp Cole as England's main tighthead. Then he got injured and didn't return until 6Nations and only paid a bit part.

Eddie then effectively dumped him out of squad by sticking him with Saxons, before making it more permanent.

I've said before I think he's a good player, hopefully we can return him to his EPS form. Good competition for JCW and maybe our scrum won't go backwards (seemingly) every time Jake gets substituted.
Our Eddie has a well established track record of dumping Saints players. Brookes. Hill. Wood. Burrell. Harrison and then forgets that they even exist.
I don't think Kieran will go backwards. His normal movement is straight down in a belly flop and never ever seems to learn. Ball in hand he can be very good but such events were rare but then that could be said about most of the Saints last year. If you can keep him fit and I don't mean injury free and motivated then he could take over from Dan Cole BUT he is becoming the Paul Doran Jones of the front row in that he seems to move on whenever his contract is up. His call or the clubs call? If tight heads are as highly paid as many speculate then clubs are entitled to expect value for money so good luck there. A friend of mine in Northampton is a restauranteur and was gutted when the news that Kieran was leaving as he was one of his best customers apparently.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net