Another Toughie


Sharp Returns
By Blues Ed
January 25 2019

Coventry will provide tough opposition at Goldington Road for a traditional 3.00 p.m. Saturday kick off..

One of the most respected of the traditional clubs they arrive off the back of a single point win against Pirates last week, and sit comfotably in mid-table.

We will want to avenge the 34-27 at the beginning of the season as well as get things back on track after last week's battling loss against the Reds in Jersey.

Partly as a result of that well contested game we make six changes.

James Lennon and Jake Sharp will form an in interesting combination at half-back with Lewis Robling in the centre. Up front  Jacob Fields and Ben Cooper start in the front row with Huw Worthington at openside and Ed Taylor at lock.

Blues: 15. Rich Lane 14. Ryan Hutler 13. Lewis Robling 12. Chris Czekaj 11. Dean Adamson 10. Jake Sharp 9. James Lennon 1. Sean McCarthy 2. Jacob Fields
3. Ben Cooper 4. Ed Taylor 5. Mark Flanagan (capt) 6. Justin Blanchet 7. Huw Worthington 8. Jarad Williams

Reps: Charlie Clare, Toby Trinder, Alex Penny, Will Carrick-Smith, Josh Buggea, Joe Green, Matt Worley

pqs: qs:
Another Toughie
Posted by: Blues Brothers (IP Logged)
Date: 25/01/2019 12:29

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Another Toughie
Posted by: Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
Date: 25/01/2019 23:25

Think we need a new pic of Sharpie.

Re: Another Toughie
Posted by: compo simonite (IP Logged)
Date: 26/01/2019 08:57

Anyone out there who thinks this will be an easy game .............should think again.......

Re: Another Toughie
Posted by: AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
Date: 26/01/2019 17:44

Quote:
compo simonite
Anyone out there who thinks this will be an easy game .............should think again.......

(Sm14)

Phew!

Re: Another Toughie
Posted by: Ginger Blueboy (IP Logged)
Date: 26/01/2019 19:16

Listened to the game on the radio - sounded a cracker, one point better than the Scottish away game last season and two more league points as a result! Looking forward to seeing highlights of Rich Lane's try. Ryan Hutler must be on level pegging with Dean Adamson for tries now. Did sound like we let in a couple of soft tries in the first half in the centre of the field.

Match somewhat spoilt for me though by the so-called Bedford fan calling out before I think Cov's penultimate conversion kick. No tolerance for that and glad Sam Roberts admonished him on the PA system.

Re: Another Toughie
Posted by: Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
Date: 26/01/2019 19:18

To those who legged it to the Cricks to get a table before the final whistle... Ha. Ha.

Re: Another Toughie
Posted by: compo simonite (IP Logged)
Date: 26/01/2019 21:17

Garlic Sausage

‘To those who legged it to the Cricks to get a table before the final whistle... Ha. Ha.’

So that’s where they were heading.......agreed Ha.Ha Ha.

Re: Another Toughie
Posted by: iron blue (IP Logged)
Date: 27/01/2019 08:10

Quote:
Ginger Blueboy
Listened to the game on the radio - sounded a cracker, one point better than the Scottish away game last season and two more league points as a result! Looking forward to seeing highlights of Rich Lane's try. Ryan Hutler must be on level pegging with Dean Adamson for tries now. Did sound like we let in a couple of soft tries in the first half in the centre of the field.
Match somewhat spoilt for me though by the so-called Bedford fan calling out before I think Cov's penultimate conversion kick. No tolerance for that and glad Sam Roberts admonished him on the PA system.

Agree about the idiot shouting haven’t heard that at GR before. It seemed to come from the eagle stand so probably a season ticket holder.

Re: Another Toughie
Posted by: compo simonite (IP Logged)
Date: 27/01/2019 08:36

Iron Blue

‘Agree about the idiot shouting haven’t heard that at GR before. It seemed to come from the eagle stand so probably a season ticket holder.’

Personally I did not hear it.........and in my area of the stand all kicks are watched in silence......

However Iron Blue I object to your inference that it was ‘probably a season ticket holder.......’

Re: Another Toughie
Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 27/01/2019 10:12

As a Cov fan in the Eagle stand it sounded like it was from behind the posts. In fairness I found your fans very respectful.

Re: Another Toughie
Posted by: iron blue (IP Logged)
Date: 27/01/2019 16:50

Quote:
compo simonite
Iron Blue
‘Agree about the idiot shouting haven’t heard that at GR before. It seemed to come from the eagle stand so probably a season ticket holder.’

Personally I did not hear it.........and in my area of the stand all kicks are watched in silence......

However Iron Blue I object to your inference that it was ‘probably a season ticket holder.......’
Hi Compo, sorry, what I meant by my comment and should have explained. Is that you will have people coming to a rugby match who have never been before and don’t understand or realise rugby etiquette. However a season ticket holder should know better. So if it did come from the eagle stand then it makes it even worse. I am certainly not having a go at season ticket holders, I am one myself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net