LDH & LBP
Posted by: bristolrugby.net (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2016 12:10

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/09/2016 09:24 by SenorJuan.

Re: LDH & LBP
Posted by: John Denver (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2016 12:30

Spot on! Excellent piece of journalism.

Posted by: grasmith (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2016 13:58

Uummm? Translation please?

Posted by: thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2016 14:33

Good account and your experience of LDH matches mine. I wouldn't go back. I've never stood up and sat down again so much before in a fame of rugby.

I saw a liot yesterday to make me think we will make a good fist of it. Crane impressed me, the whole front row impreesed me, Varndell is class as is Pisi and Henson.

If we can learn how to handle the ref better then we should win a few games. Evans will make a difference and i hope Henson isn't hurt.

I hope that Paletmo will be good enough as I dont thunk Mossss is.

Posted by: Werdna (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2016 15:00

spoke to a few fans of the other teams involved & they were pretty disillusioned with the LDH format. I think many have given up on it, hence the paltry crowd.

Posted by: Simon nicholls (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2016 15:26

An excellent piece of writing and I agree with your comments concerning the mindless idiots constantly getting up for beer or going to the toilet,The Bristol game had been proceeding for about ten minutes and a large group took their seats in front of us only to realise they were in the wrong ones and then stood up and debated where they should go,at this point with steam coming out of my ears I calmly asked them to sit down or @#$%& off(I didn't use those exact words,but thats what I meant)anyway the young lady had a go at me and told me "to chill",this is in fact the worse thing you can say to me,nut I did remain calm and they did sort themselves out in the end,Give me Ashton Gate any day.

Posted by: Bristol Cornish NLI (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2016 16:46

I've got a bladder the size of a walnut and I drank lots of beer, but I managed to not upset anyone!

Good report. I'm watching the game again now and I don't really agree that Quins were win top for the first quarter. Perhaps the first 5, but after that they hardly got out their half. Unfortunately we didn't get any points on the board.

I would have preferred the game to be at the Stoop, but was keen to see our first game back in the Premiership, and how happy I was that I went! I am so chuffed for everyone in the squad and I don't really want to single anyone out because they were all fantastic.

If it makes sense, I'm actually happy that we're disappointed to not win, because hopefully that will fire us up to get better and better.

Can't wait for next Sunday...

Posted by: gran (IP Logged)
Date: 05 September, 2016 18:17

Excellent report. My seats were awful with the interruptions and if there is a next ldh then either go high up or don't go. Re the rugby, quins were patronising and complacent, both their team and their support, but likely due to the fact that their current players and current supporters might not have heard of our club before.
The brizzle chants towards the end showed the wider audience we are back, in big numbers, And supporting a big club.

Posted by: Graham_U (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2016 13:15

Just out of interest, was the continual disruption any better in the supposed all Bris zones? Mind you it can get like that at AG so no reason to assume it would be other than I would hope Bris fans would be more interesting in the match than stopping to chat. We were in a mixed zone and there was definitely less interruptions and more people watching our match than the rather boring first match.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 07 September, 2016 12:45

My tip to reduce the need to stand up for someone is to get a seat in the middle of a block. Works very well

Posted by: Graham_U (IP Logged)
Date: 07 September, 2016 15:04

We did that in the corner Rich and had them coming from both directions sad smiley

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 07 September, 2016 17:54

You must just look the sort of accommodating person people want to walk past Graham!

Posted by: gran (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2016 14:03

My seats seemed to be in a mixed area

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net