Ref for Saturday
Posted by: JMills (IP Logged)
Date: 02 April, 2019 22:45

JP Doyle

Has seemed very fussy in the games I have seen this season. Think an open game would suit us better so hopefully he won't impact the game too much

Re: Ref for Saturday
Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 03 April, 2019 06:49

Ah but it is just a fool's hope young Hobbit

Posted by: Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
Date: 03 April, 2019 15:58

Why does that depress me?
Hes had a few terrible moments this season

Posted by: Sit_Down (IP Logged)
Date: 03 April, 2019 15:59

I've come to the conclusion that the refs are irrelevant at the moment. No ref is going stop us conceding points at lightspeed.

One could argue that Luke Pearce bottled a decision to give us scrum penalty right at the end of the Worcester game, BUT, we should never have needed that decision.

If we manage to shut the door, with our attack, the ref should become an irrelevance.

Posted by: youngone (IP Logged)
Date: 03 April, 2019 16:42

he reffed the bath v bristol game at the start of the season also. Had an alright game judging from re-watching it earlier, no inexplicable decisions.

Posted by: Graham_U (IP Logged)
Date: 04 April, 2019 10:37

Not my favourite ref, but we should not be depending on the refs. Although we should be able to manage the refs better. There was a good bit in the recent Sam Warburton "Full Contact" documentary about how to get on the right side of the ref that I think we could learn from. The key seems to be don't confront them and tell them what to do, which just rubs them up the wrong way, but to ask them the right questions that make them consider what you want to point out. I've often thought that this is something that would be beneficial at scrum time, something I seem to remember is not JPD strength, when the ref is pinging the symptom rather than the cause of the problem.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net