Nathan Hughes
Posted by: in between (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 13:54

Looks like we will lose Nathan to the six nations with BV breaking his arm for the 4th time!!

Good or bad for the Bears??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/01/2020 14:00 by in between.

Re: Nathan Hughes
Posted by: TimothyQ (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 14:02

Quote:
in between
Looks like we will lose Nathan to the six nations with BV breaking his arm for the 4th time!!

Bad news for us. But our weekend has been much better than sarries, so I won’t complain too much.

Posted by: AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 14:18

Quote:
in between

Losing one of our best players for an extended period of time is definitely great for Bristol... surprised you had to ask.

Posted by: Prop Joe (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 14:20

Not so sure on that. Eddie Jones used Wilson at 8 in the World Cup and post tournament may decide to go with youth more with Simmonds, Dombrandt and Earl. Hope in a way that Hughes is picked though, and more Bristol players to follow in future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/01/2020 14:21 by Prop Joe.

Posted by: JMills (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 19:22

I would say that Dombrandt, Simmonds and Harrison are all currently playing better than Hughes. Earl has been great but more of a 7. I would be surprised to see Hughes called up. The rest all cover multiple positions as well.

Unless Jones wants a like for like in which case Hughes is the closest England have got

Posted by: robtheh (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 19:26

Quote:
JMills
I would say that Dombrandt, Simmonds and Harrison are all currently playing better than Hughes. Earl has been great but more of a 7. I would be surprised to see Hughes called up. The rest all cover multiple positions as well.
Unless Jones wants a like for like in which case Hughes is the closest England have got

The last point is entirely why Hughes came here and lost a load of weight.
Dombrandt is closer to Billy Vunipola than Hughes, in my view.

Posted by: Toby12 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 22:03

Be very surprised if Nathan is called up for England, 4th choice at best in the current rankings.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net