Good result for the A team
Posted by: Furriner (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 10:17

Pleased to see our boys came close against Sarries. 19-19 sounds like a creditable performance. Did anyone go who can add some flesh here? The Offy write-up tells very little: it doesnt even name the opposing team so Ive no means of knowing if it was strong, or their U13s.

Re: Good result for the A team
Posted by: Bristol Cornish (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 13:30

I would say that the Saracens team looked quite young and we had a mix of youth and experienced players coming back from injury.

I think they out-scored us 3 tries to 1 but Tiff Eden kicked 4 penalties (I could be wrong). Their defence was very good and after a strong start for us, they scored a try from an interception against the run of play. They then scored a try and converted with the last kick of the game after a lot of pressure to draw.

I was surprised their wing only got a yellow after nearly taking there head off our young winger on debut (Owsley?). He must have been 6 foot 4 so I'm not sure what the mitigating factors were.

It seemed to me that Saracens were so much more aggressive than us, both physically and verbally. I think we really lacked a bit of leadership on the pitch. The player making a lot of noise for us was Sam Graham - I hope he gets a chance in the first team soon.

There were a lot of decent performances - I'm surprised Stirzaker and Eden have not had more chances in the first team.

The new South African lock (Alex Groves) was a giant!

Re: Good result for the A team
Posted by: BS7 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 16:13

BC quote
There were a lot of decent performances - I'm surprised Stirzaker and Eden have not had more chances in the first team.

+1 from me. Thought Eden performed well when I've seen him and Stirzaker has impressed, it's strange.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net