Ref for Saturday
Posted by: JMills (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 12:51

Referee: Karl Dickson (24th Premiership game).

Assistant Referees: Hamish Smales & Simon McConnell.

TMO: Sean Davey.

Citing Officer Budge Pountney.

Happy with that, think he is becoming a really good ref.

Re: Ref for Saturday
Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 16:20

Yup, no complaints here... good ref.

C'mon Bris.

Date: 25 January, 2020 22:23

What a fantastic performance from Dickson today! Superb.

Two separate groups of Gloucester fans around me at the ground also had no complaints as such so even more impressive.

Posted by: airdog (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 09:00

well not surprisingly there are some whingers on shedweb that didnt think much of him but agree with you Rinky the ref was very good as he has been when we have had him before .

Date: 26 January, 2020 09:18

Also a number on shedweb saying those few posters are wrong and he was decent. I think Shedweb complains about the ref every week regardless IIRC. winking smiley

Watched match again and didn't disagree with any of the penalties against us. Game was allowed to flow too, no endless reset scrums and the like. Only about 1 minute of stoppage time in the first half also. Nice.

Posted by: BS7 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 09:55

Quote:
Rinkadink
Also a number on shedweb saying those few posters are wrong and he was decent. I think Shedweb complains about the ref every week regardless IIRC. winking smiley
Watched match again and didn't disagree with any of the penalties against us. Game was allowed to flow too, no endless reset scrums and the like. Only about 1 minute of stoppage time in the first half also. Nice.
Yes, we were surprised when the halftime whistle went as was over so quickly. No endless scrums etc

Posted by: Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 10:51

The only thing that worried me was the almost total lack of policing of the offside. To such an extent that when he penalised Glos it was a complete surprise. And equally when he penalised us. I know that it is also down to the ARs but why let it go for most of the game and then suddenly pick it up two or three times?

Posted by: robtheh (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 10:52

Quote:
Gray_Lensman
The only thing that worried me was the almost total lack of policing of the offside. To such an extent that when he penalised Glos it was a complete surprise. And equally when he penalised us. I know that it is also down to the ARs but why let it go for most of the game and then suddenly pick it up two or three times?

Agree with this

Posted by: Graham_U (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 12:40

I often wonder how much the result has on the assessment of the ref, especially as we only have 1 and half eyes open at best. Like most refs he was favouring the attacking side which seemed to be us for most of the match.
I agree on the off side, especially from the box kick where the SH took several backward steeps while the runner were off.
Also seemed to be a bit random on the high tackle and players jackling while resting legs on players on the ground or putting hands on the ground. He certainly ignored sealing off and straight to ground, like most ref now days presumably as part of the fixation with letting the game flow at all costs.
First game for a while with the ref link and it was quite worrying the obvious knock on he missed, but did work well with his touch judges. He also warned the TH for two pens for scrums on their line, then seem to penalise him again but we score on the other side so no threaten Yellow card.

One decision I was surprised at was when we were scrumming on their 5m, got very dominant and drove straight and forward at a increasing pace. My impression was it forced their front row to stand up (which is a Pen) in retreat. Ref just blow up closed to the line and reset the scrum saying front rows went up which seemed to ignore the situation. I thought it should have been a pen try as the scrum was clearly going over the line and it seemed deliberate from their front row to stop the drive.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Posted by: Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 14:22

There were 4 penalties (and another one which should have been penalised and carded but was apparently missed by all four officials) when we were 5m or less from their line. But we then scored right in the corner with the conversion missed. Just because we scored doesn't seem to be a reason not to award a YC for the repeated infringements immediately before that probably prevented a try much closer to the posts. In a tighter game that could have been significant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net