Current Page: 1 of 2
Umbro to make new Bears kit according to Post
Posted by: Bears Beyond The Gate (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 13:59

They will also make New England Rugby kit. [www.bristolpost.co.uk]

Listen to our weekly Bristol Bears podcast at [bearsbeyondthegate.buzzsprout.com]

Re: Umbro to make new Bears kit according to Post
Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 14:10

Will sports shops be able and encouraged to sell them though? I assume so but be good to know

Posted by: Brizzle (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 14:18

Aaagghh not another new shirt!!!
That will be 3 in 3 years. My 2 new shirts this and last season will be out of date again!!
Not happy

Posted by: bartman! (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 14:19

At last !!!!! Now we might be able to have a decent quality product and a shop that won't run out of stock half way through the season (Sm46)

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 14:35

Quote:
Brizzle
Aaagghh not another new shirt!!!
That will be 3 in 3 years. My 2 new shirts this and last season will be out of date again!!
Not happy

My advice FWIW is, to quote Grange Hill - "Just say no" (to a new shirt each year when, as will probably remain the case, the club has a new shirt each season). Though I appreciate that many would ideally like the current one (but they ain't cheap!)

Date: 13 February, 2020 14:40

Quote:
bartman!
At last !!!!! Now we might be able to have a decent quality product and a shop that won't run out of stock half way through the season (Sm46)
better quality, better range more stock. Fingers crossed

Posted by: BigO (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 15:02

Not a particulary aspirational brand in my eyes... feels a bit 80's... but anything is better than what we have at the moment. I may even buy one.

Posted by: tbr (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 16:35

I must be one of the very few that think that this season Bristol Sport finally got things right... at least as far I'm concerned.
Proper back row rugby player sizes (so 50 inch chest etc).
All cotton polo shirts (not that horrible shiny polyester of previous years).
A half decent range of other stuff.
Bit peeved they didn't do size 14 socks at all, and even ran out of all and any adult socks within a few days it seems... but other than a few niggles I was finally pretty impressed with Bristol Sport merchandise this year.
Never mind... I hope Umbro is even better.

Actually....
I *assume* its Umbro for everything? And not just the kit and replica kit?
Or is it just the kit and replica kit that umbro are gonnae make, and all the lounge lizard stuff still made by Bristol sport?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2020 16:37 by tbr.

Posted by: Brisman (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 16:45

Iíd imagine thereíll be a decent range of training wear too.

Posted by: SparkyBris (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 17:19

Bristol City have announced that Hummel will be the kit provider for next season, so I'll be honest, I'm surprised that Bristol Rugby would be an alternative supplier - unless there is a tie-in between Hummel and Umbro?
Not that I mind, Umbro in the past have made some pretty decent gear, I just wonder whether it is a sound commercial undertaking??

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Posted by: shaunp (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 17:29

Check out Amazon for Bristol t-shirts, bought a couple of them, really good quality.

Posted by: Stevie_Wonder (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 17:30

Umbro are also making the England rugby kit from later this year and you would imagine there will be a huge amount of training / leisure wear for them as well so I would imagine we would also get a lot.

I know Umbro did a lot of rugby in the 80s but Iíd primarily associated them with football for the last couple of decades.

I canít imagine the RFU would have settled on that decision lightly so fingers crossed itís a good one for us as well.

Posted by: Sit_Down (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 12:20

Quote:
BigO
Not a particulary aspirational brand in my eyes... feels a bit 80's... but anything is better than what we have at the moment. I may even buy one.

They are a brand on the up actually and making some nice gear in other sports atm. Don't forget, they were owned by Nike for years and took on a number of their production and design practices. I like that it's not Nike, Adidas or CCC, but still a brand that produces quality.

As much as I hate it, I think we have to get used to a new shirt every season. Given the amount of money Lansdown is investing into rugby, I'll swallow the £50-60 a year to give a bit back.

Posted by: airdog (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 12:34

well I wont be buying one whoever makes them but will carry on wearing the Bass triangle one from 15 odd years ago , as for sit downs wanting to give back something to Mr Lansdown if he is worth anything like its been reported then its hardly a sacrifice unlike me and other old timers who have to seriously think about whether we can afford the cost of a season card .

Posted by: Cooombsy (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 13:47

My one fear with a new supplier is that suddenly the free shirt for kids with their Season Tickets disappears (ditto with the City, too) - I hope that, given (certainly from the city comms) the new suppliers "share our values" I really hope this important part of the kids' proposition continues.

Posted by: in between (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 18:10

So will it be an all red home kit next season or blue and red hoops?

Date: 17 February, 2020 19:34

Quote:
Cooombsy
My one fear with a new supplier is that suddenly the free shirt for kids with their Season Tickets disappears (ditto with the City, too) - I hope that, given (certainly from the city comms) the new suppliers "share our values" I really hope this important part of the kids' proposition continues.
Great point @Cooombsy we hadnít considered that about the switch. It will be interesting to see what the Bears and City day about that. The free shirt makes the U12 season ticket great value.

Posted by: hooter (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 20:01

Surely it up to the club to decide if they want to continue the free shirt with a junior season ticket not the supplier.

Posted by: Prop Joe (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 20:47

I want to know who has the bobble hat contract!

Posted by: Snooks (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2020 14:33

Quote:
airdog
unlike me and other old timers who have to seriously think about whether we can afford the cost of a season card .

Airdog you decided to keep your season ticket after the rebrand then......

Quote:
airdog
after about 63 years man and toddler .
The season card I was expecting to carry on using has been returned to them , I have un subscribed from the club message thing

Quote:
airdog
alexinsouthville I assure you I will not be renewing.

Quote:
airdog
so after watching Bristol Rugby for I reckon 63 seasons it seems that as that club has ceased to exist I will now have to find something else to do at the weekends possibly Clifton or Dings .

Quote:
airdog
I for one will not be renewing my season card so ending over 60 years supporting this team

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2020 14:35 by Snooks.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net