Training Ground
Posted by: Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 16:15

Does anyone know if we've started training sessions yet?

My understanding is that Glos and Barf have resumed, under restricted grouping and spacing but I've heard or seen nothing about Bris.
According to announcement, when construction was commenced, the new Failand Training Ground should be ready. Again, does anyone know if it's completed yet?

The club seem strangely quiet on this subject.

Re: Training Ground
Posted by: Ernie Ball (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 17:10

I was up there a couple of weeks ago; the pitches were being watered and it looked like they were ready. So I guess the guys are up there training.
Bristol's normally excellent communications team has been very quiet. I'm guessing this is because Tom Tainton et al have been furloughed(?). This may be the case, but it would be good to start engaging with fans........particularly telling us what's happening with ST holders.

Posted by: Cmonbris1 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 18:01

Some of the players posted pictures on Instagram yesterday. It appears that they were at Clifton RFC. There were also pictures of Earl and Mallins settling into there new surroundings in Clifton.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/06/2020 18:03 by Cmonbris1.

Posted by: BigO (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 18:35

There was something on Instagram (get me!) last week... Downsy giving a video guided tour of the facility.

I'm no expert, but to me it looked 99% complete, other than needing a good clear up. And very impressive it was too.

On wider communication, it has been very quiet indeed, other than essential stuff... so a bit strange, given the usual pace of output.

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 20:20

Good to hear Earle and Malins here now as they were not due to start till August

Posted by: Big Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 20:48

Quote:
BigO
On wider communication, it has been very quiet indeed, other than essential stuff... so a bit strange, given the usual pace of output.

Just guessing, but I imagine Bristol Sport have a lot of staff on furlough?

Posted by: TimothyQ (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 21:29

Quote:
Big Dave
Quote:
BigO

Just guessing, but I imagine Bristol Sport have a lot of staff on furlough?

I think that’s likely. It also wouldn’t surprise me if some of the comms work was contracted out (although that is also a guess).

It also might be a little delicate at the moment. Lots of differing views about sport returning and the dissension amongst the clubs regarding a level playing field (whatever that means, no one cared about the level playing field when we were circling the drain), it might be better for the club to just say nothing.

Posted by: RJC (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2020 08:42

Quote:
TimothyQ
It also might be a little delicate at the moment. Lots of differing views about sport returning and the dissension amongst the clubs regarding a level playing field (whatever that means, no one cared about the level playing field when we were circling the drain), it might be better for the club to just say nothing.

I think this may have hit the nail on the head.
I'd imagine with Bristol City's first game back on Saturday that most Bristol Sport staff would be back from furlough?

We've had the official response from Lansdown as well as the club, and now I presume they are busy sorting out long term contracts for those that they want to keep.
Once the dust has settled on the future I'm sure it will be business as usual.

Posted by: EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2020 09:28

Quote:
RJC

We've had the official response from Lansdown as well as the club, and now I presume they are busy sorting out long term contracts for those that they want to keep.

Sincerely hope they finished sorting contracts by the 'loophole' deadline yesterday.
Have every confidence the players and staff are being well treated by the club.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net