A sign of things to come??
Posted by: gran (IP Logged)
Date: 26 June, 2020 04:12

NZ Rugby confirm that talks are going on for a one off match between the AB's and the Australian Kangaroos ( Rugby League), according to press reports from Brisbane . They are keeping details secret for now , but its thought to be 14 a side.

Assuming this is not fake news, I guess the need for cash is the main driver, but its yet another example of radical re thinking caused by covid. Perhaps a key factor is the concept of a trans Tasman bubble where travel and crowd restrictions are lifted earlier between NZ and OZ than they will be in the Northern Hemisphere, and so this is simply playing a game or two and raising revenue in the absence of being able to play the usual Autumn Internationals

There are all sorts of implications however , especially if it is successful and continues after the one off match. In that case I can see the marketing boys jumping in and driving this further and i hope they have thought this through.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net