Coaches
Posted by: Stevie_Wonder (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 10:58

Bit quiet on here regarding the coaching changes. What are people's thoughts?

Personally I love and trust Pat Lam, but letting Jonathan Thomas and Bruce Reihana go feels like odd decisions given our growth over the past couple of years. I hope I'm wrong and he has a master plan, but it does concern me a bit.

Re: Coaches
Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 11:45

Voiced my concerns over JT and Iro leaving, now Bruce too?

It's very worrying IMO. With the greatest of respect to Beanie Marsden I can't think of many more appropriate/better skills coaches than Bruce. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am.

Posted by: Ernie Ball (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 11:45

I am assuming there will be a number of incoming coaches at some stage. Maybe when the Communications team gets back off furlough the club might start telling us what's happening.

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 11:52

We must be the best place in Europe to be a coach at the moment. Stable club, going places (we hope), Pat in charge, great fans, ground and training acilities.

So as great a player Bruce was I am sure that him going to be replaced by Sean is what Pat wants. The most skillful players don't always make the greatest coaches. Although there was lots of gushing praise for Bruce from Pat and the club in the recent communications if you read it again a lot of it is about him as a person etc rather than his technical coaching.

Posted by: RJC (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 12:16

Pat's all about systems and having something in place to replace anyone outgoing.
I think Muldoon stepped into JT's boots and Marsden into Bruce's.
I can't remember who has stepped into Iro's boots? Maybe it's Crane/ Nick Fenton Wells?

But it's all about the continuity of the game plan and the 5 year plan he has, the coaches replacing the outgoing ones are used to the systems and the game plan, so there maybe a slight lag in the change of coaching styles, but it will be negligible compared to 3 new coaches arriving.

Posted by: Field marshall (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 12:48

Joe El Abd as defence coach please.

Posted by: SparkyBris (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 12:55

Carlos Spencer has been released by the Hurricanes... (Sm100)

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net