Polledri
Posted by: Furriner (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 20:59

Who I wonder was it who decided Jake Polledri wasnít good enough for Bris; and didnít have the potential to make an investment worthwhile? (Iím watching him dragging Glaws back into their game against Quins.)

Re: Polledri
Posted by: Peter_B (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 21:05

We were in the Championship and Gloucester were in the Premiership. At the time we were struggling to get out of our vicious circle.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Posted by: Furriner (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 21:13

I remember that Peter, but Iíve also heard it was the clubís decision not to sign/re-sign him. Iíll admit Iíd feel better it thatís just a myth.

Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 21:33

It was clarified here by someone who knows, I don't think our club covered itself in glory in this case sadly.

Luckily we are essentially a different set up now from all aspects so it shouldn't be repeated.

Date: 14 September, 2020 21:35

I donít know but you canít sign everyone. We have Dan Thomas, Randall and Henry Purdy who played for Glaws before us. They presumably didnít have room, didnít rate them highly enough etc.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Posted by: Singapore Sam (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 22:23

Quote:
p.p
actually jake was released by bristol at end of acad time there he played afew a league games and appeared for first team off bench at Northampton i do believe but was released.Whereapon he joined dings . Alan then took him to hartpury where he was offered a choice of three contracts during his second season .Glos Bristol and Harlequins .All three offers were very similar he asked Bristol to match Glos offer at least .Harlequins was a no no .Bristol said that was their offer there was no movement so he rightly joined Glos .He quite bright lad and didnt need anyone to tell him to accept Glos offer the better offer

As per his dad last year.

Date: 14 September, 2020 23:07

So we did offer him a contract.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Posted by: AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 08:20

Quote:
Peter_B
I donít know but you canít sign everyone. We have Dan Thomas, Randall and Henry Purdy who played for Glaws before us. They presumably didnít have room, didnít rate them highly enough etc.

Exactly this.... if judging the potential of young players was an exact science, we would still have Jake Polledri.... but we wouldnít have Piers OConor, Dan Thomas, Jake Woolmore, Ed Holmes, or Sam Bedlow.

Posted by: gran (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 09:26

As for the match itself , it was mediocre. Glos back 3 plus cipriani were poor, and polledri was the only stand out player. A lot of kick and chase esp from quins.

I really enjoy watching bris these days, not simply because its bris, but also because its exciting.

Posted by: Meerkats1970 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 12:09

Quote:
gran
As for the match itself , it was mediocre. Glos back 3 plus cipriani were poor, and polledri was the only stand out player. A lot of kick and chase esp from quins.
I really enjoy watching bris these days, not simply because its bris, but also because its exciting.

Agree, not the greatest watch but you cant win them all. A few years back I watch Glouc Quins nd it was one of the best games i have ever watched.

I dont think the rotation at the moment is helping any team and it is pot luck. Too matched poor teams or two matched good teams. Enjoying the rugby but roll on next season

Posted by: Downleaze (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 19:05

At a Bris Trust Meeting @ CRC the then Academy Manager said that the DOR at the time considered Jake not good enough, little did he know. Not the current DOR. Along with other good players. Good riddance to him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net