Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: 'UPGRADE' - Sale Sharks v Doncaster at HR - Fri, 10th August - KO 7:45pm
Posted by: Crutch (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2018 16:59

Also Neild at 2 and Nott at 6, plus Phillips and Beaumont in 2nd row.

Friendly of course and doesn't necessarily mean anything (like obviously Jono is not going to be playing 7, but could be an indication of where some of these will be playing this season.

If Tarus can do a job at 1 then perhaps we aren't so exposed and the chase for a top international recruit only makes more sense.

Cam and Nott at 2 and 6 is great to see.

Posted by: StalyShark (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2018 19:07

Iím assuming Sam Moore is still injured too.

Hopefully Cam and George can deputise for Webber and Ross this year and build on their time in the gym last year.

Phillips will definitely play the big lump, Jonathan Mills role in the second row. Wonít matter that heís not a lineout option as we have loads in the back row. Needs some carries like his bulldozing one on tv last season.

Posted by: wrinklieshark (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2018 19:23

From Sam Diamond on Facebook...

Hi Guys,

We will be live streaming both games tomorrow night, It will be a full camera setup as if the game were live on tv with full commentary provided by John Everton & Numerous Sale Sharks guests.

The Media team here at Sale and the University of Salford have gone to a lot of trouble to provide the service for supporters in the hope of bringing you more live coverage throughout the season.

If you could share the clubs post regarding this to raise awareness it would be really appreciated.

All the best

Sam

Posted by: Olyy (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2018 19:50

Excellent news!

Seems it'll be on their Youtube and Facebook pages:
[www.youtube.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: iBozz (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2018 23:01

Quote:
james46
Isn't there a Jets Vs Sale FC game before?

Yes ...

1730 Sale FC v Jets

1945 Sale Sharks v Doncaster

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Posted by: PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
Date: 10 August, 2018 02:19

Anyone know the likelihood of the whole game being available on the YouTube channel afterwards? I would normally watch live, but's that's a 2:45am kick off for me and I will be working on Saturday.

Great initiative. We generally get most games live down here on Fox Sports, but there are occasions when we are the game that misses out. I may forego the Fox coverage for the dulcet tones of Mr Everton in any event.

No doubt our new American poster will be interested in this too.

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

Posted by: M5 Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 10 August, 2018 08:00

Well done to the club showing the matches on social media. As with new ideas, there maybe a few teething issues but i think this is a great idea.

Posted by: Olyy (IP Logged)
Date: 10 August, 2018 16:56

Quote:
PoyntonShark
Anyone know the likelihood of the whole game being available on the YouTube channel afterwards? I would normally watch live, but's that's a 2:45am kick off for me and I will be working on Saturday.
Great initiative. We generally get most games live down here on Fox Sports, but there are occasions when we are the game that misses out. I may forego the Fox coverage for the dulcet tones of Mr Everton in any event.

No doubt our new American poster will be interested in this too.

I've not seen it confirmed anywhere but I think they will - previous live streams are still on the YouTube video list, I believe you have to remove live stream videos rather than add them (when the stream ends it turns into a video, so it's no extra effort to the club to have them up)

Date: 10 August, 2018 19:19

Sale FC 22 - 17 Sale Jets

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

Date: 10 August, 2018 21:33

Sale 31 - 0 Doncaster

Posted by: AmericanRugbyFan (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2018 02:45

Yeah I would love to watch the replay if anyone finds it.

Posted by: AmericanRugbyFan (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2018 02:49

never mind I found it on the facebook page

Posted by: emerging shark (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2018 10:32

They certainly miscalculated the bar demands last night. Queues were massive, they should have had a cans bar outside somewhere. They missed out on my two or three pints...

Posted by: PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2018 11:48

Thanks Olyy, I'll get to watch it tonight

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

Date: 11 August, 2018 23:10

Well it's very quiet considering that was the first match for ages, albeit a friendly.But I bet if we had lost 31-0 there would have been a bit of a fracas on here.
It kind of confirms that a lot of the regular posters aren't very dedicated supporters and are mainly in the business of having a good moan.
Anyway, it was good to see most of the regular players back and the newbies...Chris Ashton must have found a bit strange playing at Heywood Road after Toulon, but he scored what I hope will be the first of many tries for us...no Ash Splash, perhaps he saves those for the big occasions.

Posted by: thekeg (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2018 08:39

I couldnít get to the game. Anyone particularly impressive? Any concerns?

Posted by: Major Bloodnok (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2018 10:20

One passage of play particularly stuck with me: Ashton chasing down an interception, collaring the guy round about the 22, then getting up and snagging the follow-up player on the 5 to prevent what looked like a nailed-on opportunist try for Doncaster.

Downside: Neild's throwing hasn't improved.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

Posted by: JohnJ of HM (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2018 10:38

Quote:
thekeg
I couldnít get to the game. Anyone particularly impressive? Any concerns?
AJ going off injured is a bit of a worry.

Posted by: JohnJ of HM (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2018 10:41

Quote:
Cap'n Major Bloodnok
One passage of play particularly stuck with me: Ashton chasing down an interception, collaring the guy round about the 22, then getting up and snagging the follow-up player on the 5 to prevent what looked like a nailed-on opportunist try for Doncaster.
Downside: Neild's throwing hasn't improved.
Also, if it's the track back I'm remembering, we counter attacked and he was up on their line in a matter of seconds.

Particularly impressed by the Luke J break to put Will Cliff in for his try.

Date: 12 August, 2018 10:52

Videos of both games are here

[www.salesharks.com]

Current Page: 2 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net