Date: 25 March, 2019 12:37

Quote:
opuscoitus
...Pirates 5th spot is there for the taking

I was just thinking the same.

Re: Top half finish is do-able
Posted by: Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2019 13:22

More so if we can turn them over at The Mennaye on Easter Sunday.

Posted by: opuscoitus (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2019 14:56

Quote:
Wildwillie
Quote:
opuscoitus
...Pirates 5th spot is there for the taking

I was just thinking the same.

Pirates have left

Irish and Us at Home
Scottish and Donny away

9 Points behind

and are certainly not a bad team but in a bit of a rut

If as we all expect the lads are really up for the run in then not a unrealistic target

Posted by: sheffieldsmills (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2019 20:14

A fantastic result for the lads & coaches.
Followed it on twitter, seen the highlights & never in doubt.

They are together & determined. Correct me if I'm wrong Opus but didn't we loose there last year, shocking performance?

This group of lads, Nottingham no problem, Pirates very do able.
as said in a rut, didn't look that great against Bedford.

Go get em.

Posted by: opuscoitus (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2019 20:51

[youtu.be]

Found highlights if anyone interested

Lots of forward grunt in that 5mins

More of the same Sunday please

Posted by: JDH1 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2019 21:12

Looks like a solid performance. Not been to LS but it does bring it home that most champ teams play on what looks like a park.

Posted by: Tyko (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2019 21:31

Quote:
JDH1
Looks like a solid performance. Not been to LS but it does bring it home that most champ teams play on what looks like a park.

There is a pretty decent stand on one side. with a nice bar and cafe under. Food's good too.
But nothing at all on three sides.

Directly under flightpath for Heathrow if you like planes. Which I do (Sm11)

Posted by: Gelbel (IP Logged)
Date: 26 March, 2019 07:59

Love Richmond/LS for what Tyko said. We forego our bacon sandwich ritual when we visit or we've no room for their top nosh.

Not seen any planes fly over the last few visits - they're usually that close you can see up the pilots' nostrils.

Posted by: Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
Date: 26 March, 2019 09:17

Perfect example of how busy Heathrow is when you can see a whole line of planes on final approach stretching into distance.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 26 March, 2019 20:25

All good rugby stadiums are on a flight path.....

(Sm100)(Sm132)

Date: 26 March, 2019 21:37

Driven past the Richmond ground a few times. I like some of the more club feel grounds. It does bring it home the gap between the champ and prem though. Some champ grounds are on par or worse that some Yorkshire league grounds.

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 27 March, 2019 06:05

You should read the discussion about Ampthill's ground on the Rolling Maul forum! (They are favourites to come up from Nat 1.)

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: WPL (IP Logged)
Date: 27 March, 2019 08:27

I love when visiting some of the grounds in the championship, trips to Old Deer Park on a early or late season game in the sun...If anyone wants to know what it's like - think West Park with the clubhouse further away from the pitch

Unfortunately it does make a very convenient criteria for the premiership to ALREADY be ring fenced by things like this! I think I read somewhere that the Bedford chairmen looked at what it would cost to get their ground up to premiership standard, stopped counting at several million pounds and that's before they worked out how to solve the leveling of their pitch (6ft drop diagonally)

Back on the topic of the thread, having seen the game on TV this weekend, our current form is much better than either team I know there is a lot of what and ifs - the nature of sport - but if we had this team at the start of the year, I honestly don't think we would be talking about top half I think we would be talking about our results vs Irish and could we go up!

Posted by: Tyko (IP Logged)
Date: 27 March, 2019 10:57

Quote:
WPL
Back on the topic of the thread, having seen the game on TV this weekend, our current form is much better than either team I know there is a lot of what and ifs - the nature of sport - but if we had this team at the start of the year, I honestly don't think we would be talking about top half I think we would be talking about our results vs Irish and could we go up!

Providing we can meet the stadium criteria (Sm100)

Date: 31 March, 2019 17:54

We are now 6th but more work to be done to ensure we do not slip away in the final three matches.

Posted by: Grybz (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2019 19:11

I am not going to criticise the board, itís their money and Iím not convinced rugby is an investment itís more of a tax write off, but I agree with WPL, if CS had been backed at the start of the season I think the results from the last half show we could have been real contenders for top flight rugby next season. If only.....

Date: 31 March, 2019 19:23

Agreed Grybz but coming second to LI or running Ealing close for third does not actually achieve a lot.
However I suppose our personal grief at watching the poor performances at the start of the season would have been avoided.

Also agreed lets not criticise board members who have all put their hand in their pocket to pay our players' salaries. OK we wish it was more but as I haven't contributed any cash at all, I feel it rude to criticise those who have.

Posted by: Grybz (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2019 19:57

On the other hand, and trying to retain a positive note, having stood freezing my nuts off watching some real dross in the first half of the season makes recent events on the pitch seem all the more sweet!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/03/2019 19:58 by Grybz.

Date: 31 March, 2019 20:18

We have had a lot of false dawns. Quite often, promises have been half-kept, at best.
We have had highly respected coaches in Brian Redpath and Jimmy Lowes.
But Stirlo has been the only one to say what is going to happen and then deliver 100%. Even when things were going awry and we were losing to pretty poor teams.

For the first time I am watching a team playing a type of rugby that you might watch in the Premiership or the 6Nations. OK we are not at that level but at least we are playing in a style that can take us forward.

Date: 31 March, 2019 20:18

Water under the bridge now but irish will be the worst team to get out of the champ for a while to come.

Another solid display today. Well done guys

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net