Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Board Update
Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2019 14:48

It all seems rather murky. In a liquidation the company ceases to exist and then I think you do have to start again at the bottom. Administration is different, or can be; Plymouth received a big points deduction, from memory, but didn't have to go down the long snake.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: tightprop (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2019 19:17

Plymouth were relegated to National League One at the end of 2014-2015 season after coming bottom of the Championship table. Funds were also short that season and they only avoided administration by an injection of cash from investors.

According to a BBC report, Plymouth RFC were deducted 30 points as a result of running out of funds and going into administration in April 2016. Administration meant that Plymouth finished the 2015-2016 season in 7th place in National League One with 72 points which was enough to prevent them going down into the division below. They have stayed in National League One ever since.

Two former Plymouth players took over the assets of the club after Administration. BBC report of 2016 here:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Hopefully Yorkshire Carnegie will survive. In what form we shall have to wait ans see.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2019 19:37

Thanx tp.

Posted by: WPL (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2019 14:33

Link to skysports

I'm not linking this because of the play off - will not impact us, but more the last paragraph which may give an insight into the RFU thoughts or not actually tell us anything we couldn't already guess

Posted by: Camquin (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2019 22:58

If a phoenix club takes over there is a points deduction which may cause one relegation, but you keep the place.

The professional companies running Richmond and London Scottish teams merged with London Irish. So their amateur teams which had been in merit tables had to apply to join the pyramid. When London Welsh finally imploded, London Welsh Amateurs renamed themselves London Welsh and retained their position.

Any insolvency event triggers the points deduction, unless the debts are repaid or an agreement reached within 6 weeks. I think all the suppliers have to agree, not just the 75% needed for the CVA to pass.

There is a broad definition of what constitutes an insolvency event - not just administration. Appointing an insolvency practitioner to arrange a CVA would certainly count. But so does failure to pay players. So it depends on how lenient the RFU is feeling.

From today's statement RFU certainly sees the benefit of a strong club in Yorkshire. And the blazers remember playing Headingley but never played Doncaster.

But we know even if the CVA is agreed in the next few weeks, that would be the start of the problems.

Lets hope we can keep some form of club going.

Posted by: Wildwillie (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2019 06:31

Quote:
Camquin
....But we know even if the CVA is agreed in the next few weeks, that would be the start of the problems. ..

Exactly.

Posted by: TykeGeorge (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2019 19:35

The last board statement was the 12th June - most teams are now into the second week of pre-season. Patience is wearing thin now, feeling so let down.

Date: 20 June, 2019 23:23

CVA process takes on average 6-8 weeks.

It is usually 3-4 weeks to complete the proposal
Then three weeks notice for the creditor's meeting
Then a week to tidy up.

At least according to the FAQ on the web site of the Insolvency Practitioner.

Posted by: opuscoitus (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2019 16:53

According to a email flyer I've been sent advertising Sundays rugby paper the championship fixtures are in, guess we will have been added but maybe Richmond waiting in wings?

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2019 20:37

Interesting times. TBH if it was not for that great survivor, Gary Hetherington, we would be dead in the water already.
Still not sure that even Gary's cunning plan will work.
Cannot see the logic of "Richmond waiting in the wings" though. That would just mean the next division down playing one team short.

Posted by: opuscoitus (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2019 20:46

If the plan of no relegation from championship this coming season and the RFU carry out the 13 team prem idea, if we fold and are not replaced then a 10 team championship and they would have to promote 2 from N1 anyway,

Date: 22 June, 2019 10:08

If a side pulls out before June 1st the RFU sorts out the leagues all the way down.
But after that, leagues are fixed and just their league goes ahead one short. Which is what has happened in SW premier with Birmingham pulling out.

But if a Premiership or Championship side goes into liquidation before August 1st, then an extra side moves up and Nat 1 goes ahead one short.

Posted by: Grybz (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2019 20:17

Just clearing out some old emails and saw that I had paid for my season ticket on 10th June last year, which was quite organised for me. This year I donít even know if there will be anything to watch at Headingley. And to think last year some posters were worried that the squad was too small and were worried about the pre-season. Now, I would settle for any squad and just making it to the start of the season.

Anyone else hearing the large lady doing her vocal warm ups?

Posted by: Wildwillie (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2019 21:41

Quote:
Grybz
Anyone else hearing the large lady doing her vocal warm ups?
Er me .

Posted by: leemingtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2019 11:04

Everybody I think Grybz.

And she's well past the warm ups.

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net