Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Board Update
Posted by: Dr Zaius (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 19:54

Quote:
Billy ba
I reckon £100k to rent a stadium like Headingley and all the training facilities at Kirkstall plus all the extras on match day is a good deal
It's not a good deal, it's an amazing deal. The cost of the club directly paying stewards, ticket office staff and shop staff alone would gobble up most of it, never mind getting the best stadium in the league to play at plus training facilities and executive time.

Posted by: leemingtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 20:35

100k is an amazing deal to play in that magnificent stadium, I believe its only gone down to that amount recently and in light of our current plight though?

Didn't it used to be 400k?

Posted by: JDH1 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 21:15

Yes and yes. GH confirmed this at the meeting. It is a brilliant deal and as said players will want to train and play at HC.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 07:39

Quote:
leemingtyke
100k is an amazing deal to play in that magnificent stadium, I believe its only gone down to that amount recently and in light of our current plight though?

I think that represents something like the full cost, but I believe it has always been discounted. Last season we paid £150k.

Posted by: Wharfedale1985 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 08:15

Im not denying it's a brilliant deal but if as I have already said we are massively reliant on this £550k from the RFU taking £100k to pay for Headingley is in my opinion financially daft.

As for what is the alternative? There is always an alternative where there is a will there is a way and all that. For example WPL have great facilities with multiple pitches, could something not be worked out with them?

The current board has led us to this position so any further decisions by them do not fill me with much hope and keeping the club anchored to Headingley paying £100k as a part time entity with next to no money leaves me in wonder.

Hopefully a cat is pulled out of the bag.

Posted by: Tyko (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 08:37

I understand there is a restriction on professional rugby being played at West Park.

Posted by: Feeding (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 08:56

Professional or indeed semi professional sport is not permitted at Bramhope,end of.

Incidentally,even if they could,why would WPL want to allow YC to use their facilities? No doubt Wharfedale believes they should be able to use them free of charge!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2019 09:23 by Feeding.

Date: 13 June, 2019 10:10

Free of charge?Not at all...

Interesting that no semi pro or pro sport can be played there, was it in the terms of any funding given to them?

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 11:56

Yes. It is set up as a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC). As I understand it, investing the proceeds of sale of Chandos Park into such an entity gave some relief from the tax which would otherwise have been payable.

In any case, as Mr Feeding says, why would West Park want to shoehorn another club into what is already a busy facility?

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: Tower (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 14:58

Quote:
leemingtyke

The figure of 400k was totally misquoted in the press. Did we ever pay such amount? If so when?

As that 400k was disputed at the meeting.

Not sure I want to go to WPL. Don't forget that sum includes the physio team as well. You are never going to find better value or a better deal.

Please do some leg work and share proper information rather than woolly statements and let us all know if you have an alternative.

Date: 13 June, 2019 15:13

What a wise and intelligent man you are Mr Fishwick.CASC gives amateur sports clubs savings on their VAT payments.

If all else fails,I'll buy you a beer at our (Leos) first ever game in Yorks 1 on 7 Sept when we entertain Bridlington.Your George Watkins was our backs coach last season and helped us secure promotion.

Date: 13 June, 2019 15:39

Quote:
Tower
Quote:
leemingtyke

The figure of 400k was totally misquoted in the press. Did we ever pay such amount? If so when?

Not sure I want to go to WPL. Don't forget that sum includes the physio team as well. You are never going to find better value or a better deal.

Please do some leg work and share proper information rather than woolly statements and let us all know if you have an alternative.

From the published accounts for the year ended 30 June 2013:

"Leeds Cricket, Football and Athletic Company Limited ... provide stadium facilities to the company. The transactions in the period amounted to £413,463 (2012 £435,000)."

While ever the Carnegie million was being paid and we were part of the Caddick group I guess it was easier to set a figure at this level. Since Yorkshire Tykes Limited took over the picture is much less clear as small company exemptions don't require full accounts to be filed with Companies House but there has obviously been a substantial reduction.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 16:10

Quote:
almostatyke
Quote:
leemingtyke

I think that represents something like the full cost, but I believe it has always been discounted. Last season we paid £150k.

Dave Dockray quoted these numbers at the fans' meeting IIRC.

Posted by: leemingtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2019 16:19

Quote:
Tower
Quote:
leemingtyke

Think you might need to read my post again Tower.

I'm in favour of staying at Headingley.

The 400k was something I had read and if you bother to read the post properly you'll notice the use of question marks meaning that I was asking if anyone knew if that information was correct. The only statement I made is that 100k is an amazing deal.

Date: 14 June, 2019 10:30

The only time the place is busy is on a Sunday, the mens section struggle to get two teams out these days.

Im speaking hypothetically by the way using WPL as an example.

Posted by: Grybz (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2019 06:17

Just wondering if anyone has any idea who the creditors are that are owed money? Iím assuming some of them are the remaining contracted players, but given the recent news on players who have now moved on I canít believe there are many left. My understanding from previous statements was that although there was no new money coming in the club didnít have debts to speak of.

On a side issue am I alone in questioning how much the firm that were supposed to be looking for new investment must have cost to employ? Presumably they werenít offering their services for free, but given their apparent lack of success I hope there was some sort of ďno win no feeĒ agreement, but I suspect not.

Date: 15 June, 2019 06:25

I thought the total debt by the end of last season was around £4.5 mill ? I could be wrong.

I assume this is mainly owed to one or two directors/shareholders? If that is essentially written off,then we start with no debt,albeit equally,with few assetts and little income.

Date: 15 June, 2019 09:55

The last available accounts at 30 June 2017 showed creditors of £283,000, including £93,000 owed for payroll taxes and VAT. Any settlement which doesn't pay the taxman in full is unlikely to fly.

The balance sheet was in deficit by £54,000. This was only achieved by treating £2.73 million of shareholder loans as equity, on the basis that the loan providers had undertaken not to request repayment. Sufficient comfort was apparently provided to convince the auditors that this treatment was appropriate.

From what we have heard you can only assume that the position has worsened substantially since then.

Posted by: Tassigny74 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2019 14:17

If the current club was bankrupt would it automatically mean that any new entity ( such as a fans owned club )
Would have to start at the very bottom of the league structure. Even if it was up and running almost immediately?

Posted by: Grybz (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2019 14:29

Thanks for the number crunching Albert.

From what I could gather if a club goes into administration it has to drop to the bottom of the league structure, the example given was Richmond who had to drop ten divisions. London Welsh seemed to be different as they had a split between the professional club and the amateur club. If a CVA is agreed the club could still be docked points at the start of the next season, although there may be a mechanism for applying it to last seasons table which could mean Richmond staying up and us dropping down. I think the options were mentioned on the will greenwood podcast a week or so ago, so canít be 100% sure as I was listening to it on the train!

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net