Team for Coventry
Posted by: WPL (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 14:39

Link

Easy to forget there is a game this weekend with all the news that's come out.

Teams up for our trip to Coventry - hope Storm Dennis doesn't hit early! Our Mini's have already been called off for Sunday!

Re: Team for Coventry
Posted by: AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 15:21

BBC Weather is forecasting a 40mph crosswind (and heavy rain) here at 3pm.
So, a scrummage on the centre-spot at 3.01pm then? winking smiley

Posted by: Carnegiette2 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 15:59

Quote:
AdminBTCov

Awesome. The #girlsontour are making the trip- will bring waterproofs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2020 15:59 by Carnegiette2.

Posted by: leemingtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 21:43

I'm told that Will Smith is former Wensleydale RUFC lad, my boys first club.

Go well Will.

Sic Parvis Magna

Posted by: AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 23:03

Quote:
Carnegiette2
Quote:
AdminBTCov

Awesome. The #girlsontour are making the trip- will bring waterproofs

S'ok. We have a roof. And bars. smiling smiley

Posted by: leeds exile (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 17:00

I thought the weather would make it much closer than 55-3. Only 17-3 at halftime then the usual disintegration. Hard to see what improvements are taking place. Two home games now against "weaker" teams will give a fair assessment of whether any in this squad are actually worth persevering with for next season.

Posted by: Carnegiette2 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 12:29

TBH we did think this was better than Nottingham. Prince !Gosaeb looks a useful addition- I think the Namibians are only here for this season though so not sure what this gives us? Good to see Flynn and Bustin back.

Set price was better- the lineout mainly worked , and we gained a few scrum penalties most noticeably when Cov had a 5m scrum after being held up. I think most people in the ground expected them to score from it, so great for us to hold them out and win a penalty.

Cov were a good side though and thoroughly deserved their victory.

Conditions were very difficult. We had the wind in the first half but it was very strong and we struggled to use it well. We gave them the 2 first half tries- an interception and a kick charged down. Cov managed ithe wind much better 2nd half.

The artificial pitch seemed to have a layer of water which you couldn’t see on the surface but every time a tackle went in or the ball landed, there was a massive amount of water came up and players were skidding all over.

Very friendly locals- we had some good chat about the funding cuts.

Posted by: leeds exile (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 15:06

Thanks for the eye witness account Carnegiette2. I suppose my main complaint is that there appears to be no attacking threat in this side at all. In the Coventry home game we scored 4 tries and looked quite threatening many times but we have scored 0,10,17,10 &3 in the last 5 matches. Defeats are inevitable but there should be some sort of progress being visible by now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net