Banned players getting off lightly
Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2020 20:03

Do you agree with this:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I suppose we have more important things to worry about, perhaps just a "silver lining" for those guys?

Re: Banned players getting off lightly
Posted by: Wildwillie (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2020 08:14

Not a big issue really. Wyn Jones only injury was to his pride.

(Sm124)

Posted by: Tyko (IP Logged)
Date: 27 April, 2020 12:13

Bans should be for a specified number of matches, not a period of time.

Posted by: WPL (IP Logged)
Date: 27 April, 2020 16:50

From some obscure knowledge memory I think Football changed the way it did bans from weeks to matches after a few players got suspended for x weeks then a cold snap hit and they missed no games.

Being suspended for x number of games makes sense as long as they are competitive games and not some friendly or something. There needs to be a differentiation between international and domestic as well I would suspect.

Posted by: Bobba (IP Logged)
Date: 28 April, 2020 15:20

I hope the RFU, once the current situation is over, consider how they can improve the current laws of the game with particular reference to fines, suspensions, relegation... and stop the farcical decision making of recent times.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2020 11:45

Some bans are for a number of matches, but even then, there can still be controversy:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net