NCA rugby Article
Posted by: WPL (IP Logged)
Date: 01 May, 2020 16:34

Quite a good read

[www.ncarugby.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 16:35 by WPL.

Re: NCA rugby Article
Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 01 May, 2020 18:20

Thanks for posting that WPL. smiling smiley

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2020 10:38

So he's not going to be hands-on. Does that mean Colin Stephens will be trying to run us and Leeds Beckett at the same time?

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: JDH1 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2020 13:05

Good read thank you

Posted by: leemingtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2020 20:05

Quote:
Albert Fishwick
So he's not going to be hands-on. Does that mean Colin Stephens will be trying to run us and Leeds Beckett at the same time?

Yeah, that's the bit I picked up on Albert. Not good IMHO. Phils letting bits & bat's out in his interviews, it would be nice to hear something from the club.

Posted by: Camquin (IP Logged)
Date: 03 May, 2020 12:00

How many people are left at the club.

The web page still has a long list, but that includes Stadium, lodge, conference centre staff - most of whom are probably on furlough.

Rhinos have furloughed 150 staff.

Posted by: Yorki (IP Logged)
Date: 03 May, 2020 18:21

It sounds that we will have a university side playing in National 1, with a few players from other clubs.
I am sorry to say it but with potentially serious economic recession we are in and no real significant sponsor coming forward, Phil been paid a nominal fee for mentoring the club the future does do not look very good.
All I have seen over the last 18 months is a club slowly wither away with the financial burden spread across as many people as possible to soften the blow and keep Hetherington & Co in their jobs. It ironic all the management talk about is some of the great players that club has produced but they never stay long. Steve Thompson said that the club corporately does not have a deep routed ambition to succeed. I believe the "fat lady has sang" for professional rugby union in the city of Leeds.

All very sad really, but it is nothing compared to what people are suffering at the moment.

Posted by: Dr Zaius (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2020 20:13

Quote:
Yorki
All I have seen over the last 18 months is a club slowly wither away with the financial burden spread across as many people as possible to soften the blow and keep Hetherington & Co in their jobs.
Moaning is easy but unless you can conjure up someone who's willing to subsidise the club for 1m+ a year then it's of little use.

The truth is the club has no money; Hetherington really doesn't need to keep his job, in fact I imagine he would be very happy to not be involved at all so he could focus on what he actually gets paid for.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2020 21:02

I always value your comment , the good doctor.

Gary Hetherington is, I think, about 68 years old, will have a State pension and a bus pass. And although I say that jokingly, he clearly has no need to work.
His first love is undoubtedly Rhinos so if he is still involved in RU it must be some sort of dedication: perhaps unfinished business?

My guess is that he would love to pass on the responsibility but there is nobody out there.

Posted by: Bobba (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2020 12:43

There is someone there to pass on the responsibility of running the Club, and he is PD. Now it's up to the current directors and any new ones to dip into their pockets and support him. After all, look at what he has managed to do for us in the past!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net