OT Who's been to the pub?
Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 21:40

So the pubs have opened today - who has been and what is it like? I must admit that the spontaneity of the pub is one of its attractions to me: no need to organise anything, you fancy a pint, pop in the pub.
So having to pre-book, and then sit at a table whilst someone wearing a Lone Ranger mask serves you, is a different experience.

I have not been yet - what's it like?

Re: OT Who's been to the pub?
Posted by: Wildwillie (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 08:57

Quote:
almostatyke
I have not been yet - what's it like?

Dangerous! (Sm124)

Posted by: Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 20:12

Is scaremongering permitted on this board?

Posted by: Wildwillie (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 07:30

Yes and fake news!
(Sm124)

Posted by: leeds exile (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 11:15

Of more importance, I have just got my hair cut in an old fashioned barbers. No appointments but just walked in. Excellent.

Posted by: Bobba (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 14:14

Not me! I can think of 44K+ reasons not to visit a pub. Must admit though, going for my daily walk I'm a tad tempted to replace sweat with a pint or two in the local. I'll give it a miss for the time being and continue to enjoy an occasional pint of Ross on Wye, oak cask dry cider at home. And, at 7.1% abv and 1.40 a pint, it makes a lot of sense to me! Hic!

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 20:05

I don't mind sensible precautions once I'm in the place but I am never going to queue to get into a pub and my drinking habits don't really lend themselves to booking ahead. I will see how things develop over the next couple of weeks.

It's a bit academic at the moment anyway given that we are still being told to stay off public transport except for essential journeys. I can just about walk to the pub if the weather is ok but couldn't walk back without watering some poor sod's roses on the way. Once I can get to Otley or Ilkley I will gird my loins and give it a go.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 18:12

Hi Albert, the X84 and X85 buses are still going as far as Otley and Ilkley (but not Skipton).
The X85 is one an hour and operating as before, however the more frequent X84 is only stopping at selected stops in Leeds so do your research unless you want to see it pass you by at the wrong stop!

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 18:17

I know they are running but we are still not meant to use them except for essential journeys. The government needs to change this advice if they really want to get pubs and restaurants going again.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net