Manu comes clean......
Posted by: KevinR (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 09:56

...about the groin injury which kept him out for 15 months:
Guardian

Re: Manu comes clean......
Posted by: Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 10:18

Interesting article, and yet another that highlights just how much pressure professional sports people are under.

And then I read this:

Quote:
Meanwhile, World Rugby has hastily passed a law amendment that would have denied Wales their decisive try against England on Sunday. George North scored while England were down to 13 men, with Anthony Watson in the sin-bin, Willi Heinz off the field for a head injury assessment and Ben Youngs having not yet received permission to replace him.
After Walesís 13-6 win, which put Warren Gatlandís side top of the world rankings, Eddie Jones joked that the referee, Pascal Gauzere deserved a yellow card for allowing play to restart. In fact the relevant law stated that it was the refereeís discretion as to when to restart the match but the amendment issued on Wednesday now states that for HIAs and blood injuries, the departing player must be replaced before play resumes.

Gauzere basically lost control of that match and absolutely refereed one side differently to the other. Twice he called Ben Youngs back for taking a quick tap for no reason whatsoever, and refused to even review Dan Biggar's bodycheck on JJ. Oh, and then there was the Moriarty petulance (I sometimes wish it was still the 80s and someone would fill the gobby @#$%& in) which should have resulted in a penalty reversal. Pray England doesn't get him in Japan at all.

Posted by: KevinR (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 12:01

Biggar leaping on Itoje (contact to the head) and the Welsh forwards (with AWJ to the fore) piling in after a scrum penalty against Sinckler (should have been reversed IMO) also come to mind. I am not impressed by the French refs in general.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/08/2019 19:52 by KevinR.

Posted by: Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 13:06

Shame it took a piece of opportunism, or poor sportsmanship as I saw it at the time, depending on which team you wanted to win, to force a change to the laws that common sense suggests should always have been in place.

Agree with the other points made above as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/08/2019 13:07 by Tigersfan1.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 13:35

Body check was on Itoje I thought and definitely worth a sanction. Not sure I agree on Moriarty, he was doing what all good back rows should do and getting up noses but getting away with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net