Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Borthwick arrives
Posted by: johnthegrif (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 18:13

2011 World Cup we had a bad 20 minutes against France and lost that one game, France went on to lose the final by one point.
So far this season we have been without 8 or 10 players including most of our backs. The forwards have functioned ok including the lineout not sure what Borthwick can do to make a difference, he has very limited club experience, the backs returning and playing should change things, if they fail then we really have a problem.

Posted by: Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 19:22

Quote:
johnthegrif
2011 World Cup we had a bad 20 minutes against France and lost that one game, France went on to lose the final by one point.
So far this season we have been without 8 or 10 players including most of our backs. The forwards have functioned ok including the lineout not sure what Borthwick can do to make a difference, he has very limited club experience, the backs returning and playing should change things, if they fail then we really have a problem.

Maybe he will end the stupid one out forward runners that seems to be so popular.

Bring back more pick and goes.

Posted by: RushdenTiger (KT at work) (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 20:39

Let's try offloading occasionally!

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 10:51

Or just passing between the forwards in general.

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 10:54

Do you think that he'll be able to teach our forwards how to run and then catch the ball?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: KevinR (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 10:57

It was noticeable that both Bolodau and Leatigaga looked comfortable in open play, in a way some of our other forwards didn't, when they came on at the Mad Stad.

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 11:00

Quote:
KevinR
It was noticeable that both Bolodau and Leatigaga looked comfortable in open play, in a way some of our other forwards didn't, when they came on at the Mad Stad.

We'll soon knock that out of them!!

And if they continue to do such outrageous things then we'll just have to drop them I say!

(Sm161)

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2019 06:08

Not until after 6N.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/11/2019 06:08 by tigersimon.

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2019 09:36

Other coaches able to leave for the positions they want. Does this just show Borthwick being more honourable and abandoning Jones, or is it penny pinching from our board? Good job we aren't in a relegation scrap if the latter!

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2019 10:25

Hope it's the former - suspect it's the latter.

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2019 10:27

I obviously meant to put a 'not' before abandoning! Yes Rich, me too!

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2019 10:52

Maybe we're saving money to be able to afford to sack Cohen?(Sm141)

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2019 10:57

Fingers crossed on that one.

Alex Lowe says that if another forwards coach is sorted Borthwick will leave earlier. That would suggest to me honourability on his part rather than tightness on ours.

Posted by: Elder (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2019 11:16

Quote:
SK 88
Fingers crossed on that one.
Alex Lowe says that if another forwards coach is sorted Borthwick will leave earlier. That would suggest to me honourability on his part rather than tightness on ours.

Any forwards coach?
Iíll drive Bakewell to Twickenham myself if that helps.

Posted by: daktari (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2019 18:23

Cohen is the key to this , a worm tongue , firmly entrenched and ,very expensive to be removed , we are, as an exploiter dreams of, a naive client in the treachery game. The problems at this club are deep and entrenched, the attacks and removals of the coaching staff over the last few years are a treatment of the symptom not even the identification of the cause and the subsequent adoption of a cure. The major shareholders just want to cut and run , but no shrewd investor will buy unless the problem is removed and that cure is either too expensive or not worth the risk v reward.

Date: 26 November, 2019 18:30

We will see if that is the case now McGinty is in.
I'm fine with Cohen staying if McGinty is above him in all matters rugby.

On the shrewd investor front, do people who buy clubs do it as a shrewd investment? especially in a sport like Rugby with little global coverage. Anyone who really invests in a sport do it as their own project and tend to not worry too much about the risk v reward like they would a normal business takeover.
Certainly I doubt they would worry about a CEO they would most likely find easy enough to remove.

Posted by: daktari (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2019 18:52

Quote:
Ayerzawannabe
We will see if that is the case now McGinty is in.
I'm fine with Cohen staying if McGinty is above him in all matters rugby.

On the shrewd investor front, do people who buy clubs do it as a shrewd investment? especially in a sport like Rugby with little global coverage. Anyone who really invests in a sport do it as their own project and tend to not worry too much about the risk v reward like they would a normal business takeover.
Certainly I doubt they would worry about a CEO they would most likely find easy enough to remove.
You may be correct in terms of investors , but from what little I can glean, we are not being over run with offers and interest , I just wonder why ?

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2019 19:07

Partly because of the tarnish Saracens have applied to what seemed a glittery example?

Date: 26 November, 2019 19:40

again I don't know how people know what the situation is with offers etc

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2019 19:53

CVC will have made it more attractive, the Saracens stuff will have detracted from the brand value substantially, I have read that Allianz were not too chuffed! I donít think anyone would invest for a return on straight sporting assets. Brand awareness maybe but more likely personal reputation ego etc.

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net